Powder/Primer Pricing

joclark33

Inactive
Given the current market availability and varying pricing, what would be a reasonable price for 4lbs of Hodgdon H335, 2lbs of Hodgdon HS-6, 1000 CCI 41 primers, and 1000 Winchester magnum small pistol primers be as a bundle to sell?

Look at Gunbroker to get an idea. I wouldn’t consider anything less than $1000, plenty of people out their ignorant enough to pay that, might as well get what you can.

I've looked on gunbroker and have seen outrageous prices for some of it. I know I could get quite a bit for it, but wanted to see what some people might actually be willing to pay. I don't want to overprice it, but I also don't want to give it away knowing what it is going for at times on gunbroker.

Look at what is actually being bid on, how many bids it has and how many days are left. It will give you an idea of what people are willing to pay. If you see the primers you have for example at price x and there are no bids, it’s to high.

Even if I have to resort to just shooting .22 LR, I will do that until the market exhausts those willing to pay exorbitant amounts for components. One way to influence that is simply stop paying for it. One cent for a primer was fine; a jump to 4 cents is swallowable. 20 cents is utterly insane.

I recently purchased a few pounds of powder from local retailers that are beginning to get components back in stock. Highest I paid was $40/pound. Rest of it was $30/ pound. Primers are going for $5/ 100 primers. Things are coming back, but they are selling out fast. I have been checking a different store every night after work. Kinda figured out the delivery schedule. Most places only have stock for a day, maybe 2.

If you're area is still not seeing components you could get double the retail easily. But you might be better off keeping it for yourself.....

Powder is going for100-130 per lb. Primers 200-350 per 1000. With that said I feel like that's price gouging and I could never justify asking that much. That's a choice you will have to make.

Back