Potential deal double check

golfnutrlv

Hey everyone, I may have an opportunity in the next month to come into a great deal, but would like some opinions about how good a deal this is.

I have been wanting to build a custom rifle for F-Class Open in .260 Remington. The cost was holding me back in the end. Have not committed at this point.

However...Went down to the local gun store I used to work at, and one of the guys I used to work with is considering selling his .260.

It's a Remington 700 action, HS Precision stock, Tubb recoil lug installed. Pac-Nor barrel 1:8 twist, don't know the length, but I think it's 26". The action and stock have been trued/bedded by Defensive Edge in Hayden ID, and it comes with an EGW 20MOA base (I use the same item already).

He would sell it for $700 (No scope) with all the load data in his notebook.

Has approximately 1900 rounds down the pipe, not the hottest loads in history though.

I would have to spend at least 500-600 for the base rifle if I built my own. THis seems like a no brainer to me, but let me have it!!

Thoughts, comments???

Only 1900 rounds.... sounds just broke in to me, try it on for size, maybe he'll let you range test before purchase?;)

Back