potato flaslight mount for Glock?

C0untZer0

I am going to be getting a G17L, and I would like to use my left hand to hold it, like you would a rifle or a shotgun. I can see mounting a flashlight and holding the flashlight, but what I was wondering is.

If I were to mount something like the potato grip for the flashlight - would that be illegal?

I am trying to get an 8" barrel on it, I'm just thinking it's going to get unweildy to fire with a normal two handed pistol grip.

You don't think it's going to be unwieldy to shoot this longer-barreled-potato-gripped-long-slide with one hand under the dust cover? Really?

First find your 8" barrel and try it with just that before you spend any money on one of those goofy potato grips.

Or you could get the grip and put it on the 17L while you search for your 8" barrel. Post pics. :D

Maybe I shouldn't have used the potato grip as an example. :rolleyes:

Maybe a better example would be like a picatinny riser, just something to grasp.

Why?
Why do you need something out front to grasp?
Why do you feel the need for an 8" barrel?
(With normal pistol ammo, you can expect lower velocities, as the charges are optimized for 5" barrels.)
And even with the "Potato" grip, you may run afoul of ATFE - I don't recall the exact wording of the law, as to if it says vertical grip or forward grip.

Guns like these make me think the ATF is taking a no nonsense approach to any handgun that you grasp out forward of the trigger...

1260288639.jpg

Guns like these make me think the ATF is taking a no nonsense approach to any handgun that you grasp out forward of the trigger...

AR-15 and KelTec PLR-16 pistols have forward grips (non-vertical) and are legal. I own a couple .22lr target pistols with forward grips (again, non-vertical) and they are legal.

Last edited:
Back