Posts Drying Up

ACP230

The posts here have gone down to almost nothing. Somebody had better go out and shoot some full auto, so we'll have something to talk about.

It looks like there are still slots available at the Wisconsin Submachinegun Championship on Sept. 22 outside Mt. Horeb, near Madison.

The posts here have gone down to almost nothing. Somebody had better go out and shoot some full auto, so we'll have something to talk about.

What are you talking about ? You only have 300 or so posts.
Start talking!!

I'm trying to rev it up again.

I didn't get to shoot the MP5 with 100 round drum mag after all. Did a lot of talking but no shooting on my recent trip.
Maybe next month.

Ok, here is something to talk about. It might not be interesting to everyone, but then again, it might be to at least a few.

I am buying my first Full Auto.
Its a Cobray M-11/9mm - with a Revelation Arms Suppressor.
Converted to take Sten mags.

I sent in the paperwork on the 14th of August 2002 as a corporate registration, and last Monday, I received a letter back from the ATF saying that they needed to see my corporate resolution paperwork. Other than that, I guess everything was okay with the rest of the paperwork, so I hope to hear back from them with an approval real soon

Roger (the owner of Revelation Arms, and the guy I bought it from) says that if I want to slow the cyclic rate down from the 1200 rpm, I can put a AR-15/M-16 buffer on it.

Does this make sense? Roger says it will slow it down to around 900 rpm. Will this make it a little less of a bullet hose?
Any thoughts?

I am still waiting on my Sten MkII. It hasn't even made it from the advertising dealer to my local dealer so I can start the paperwork shuffle. I anticipated a six month process before I took possession. This is looking to be on target.

Ok, here is something.
I finally found the August 2002 issue of The Small Arms Review. In the interview with Dr. Phil Dater of Gemtech, he mentions that he makes a model SG-9 suppressor for the Sten MkII. Anyone know anything about it ? I have fired a couple Stens, but have never had one apart. How easy is it to replace the barrel ?

I haven't shot a STEn but from reading it looks like replacing a barrel on the Mark II is fairly simple.

Back