• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

posting pictures

Jbb6811

ok this may but the dumbest one ever but......
how do i post a pic so it shows in the post and not as a link

First you need to host the picture at a hosting location. I prefer photobucket.com, but there are endless choices.

Copy the direct link for the hosted pic. It will look something like this - http://i712.photobucket.com/albums/ww123/vhinch/LesBaerTRS004.jpg

Use either the insert image icon in the toolbar above the text box, or just type out the image tags, which is what I usually do.

It should look like this when you type it-

[img]http://i712.photobucket.com/albums/ww123/vhinch/LesBaerTRS004.jpg[/img]

Which will show this result-
LesBaerTRS004.jpg

I upload my photos to a photobucket.com gallery, and copy the link to the location of the photo.

When I am drafting my post, and I get to where I want to insert the photo, I click on the IMG icon at the top (Fourth icon from the right on the lower row, right below the left curving arrow. Looks like a post card: mountain down low and a small square at top right), then I paste the photo url in the blank.

Work like bear bone charm. See?
BDA.jpg

This photo is located at this URL: http://i877.photobucket.com/albums/ab337/tmlynch/Guns/BDA.jpg

Good luck!
Tom

VHinch:

Beat me to the draw!

Great minds think alike. Extra points to you for both illustrating and explaining the resulting tag.

Tom

PS Nice looking heater. Apparently, .45ACP is the preferred [IMG] cartridge.

This is why we have a Site Questions and Support (NON-FIREARMS) forum.

Check it out.

And by the way, you do not need a web-based host to hold your pics so you can load them. You can navigate your hard drive and upload right here. Then open the uploaded image. It will have a thefiringline.com URL. Copy and paste that URL and use the "paste image" icon to insert the image inline, or manually paste the URL and bracket it with the [IMG] and [/IMG] tags.

While in the edit window, simply scroll down to Additional Options and click on the Manage Attachments button.

Now I'm going to move this to that tech support subforum with all the other "How Do I Post A Pic?" threads. Maybe some day some one will actually go there and read them.

Back