• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

Posting pictures

trooper3385

Could someone please tell me how to post pictures on here. Sorry if I sound like an idiot, but I can't figure out how to. Thanks for any help.

www.thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=142236&highlight=posting+pictures+upload

For your pics:

First way is upload from your pc as an attachment. Down under this box I'm typing in is a Button that says Manage Attachments. It lets you search your hard drive for a pic in one of the accepted formats. The pic can't be too big either, but you can learn to manage that with editing.

Second way is to upload to a free site like hunt101 or photobucket and then use the address of the pic.

For a pic on the web, right click on the pic, open Properties and copy the whole address. Then come back here and click on the Insert Image button above the box where you type your reply - the fourth button from the right is Insert Image, the one with the mountain that looks like a postcard - and paste in the address. You need the whole address beginning with http...etc., and only one http.

Oops, gotta run. Hope this gets you started. There are much better explanations floating around, but I couldn't find them with a quick search.

John

P.S. - I clicked on Insert Image and pasted in the address of the pic: http://www.sportingcollectibles.com/rstPhotos/rem21232sporter.jpg

rem21232sporter.jpg

Back