Post your American battle rifles.

tahunua001

There's a plethora of picture threads going around right now; mauser thread, mosin nagant thread, "tacticool hunting rig thread". well now it's time for an American military surplus thread. springfields, krags, M1s, it's all fair game as long as it was used by the Gubment.
I'll start things off.
here are the the current american side of my collection. Springfield M1 garand and Remington M1917.
20140517_144402_zpsfe5d2112.jpg

used to have a low serial springfield, I traded her for the 1917,

I also used to own a m1903A4 which I received as a barreled action, I restored her to snuff, ended up with a ton of spare parts which I used to convert an extremely bubba'd 1903MK1 into a faux 1903A4.
here are those two memories.
100_1490.jpg

100_1491.jpg

your turn, let's see em.

saxon pig... every time I think you're out of pictures you post more that make be jealous all over again... you're worse than MJ1.

My babies

Garands_zps342f258b.jpg

They'll do :)

Top to bottom

Shuff's Mini-Garand (16.5" Tanker with BM-59 brake)
The FrankenGarand
CMP SA Special .... and it's cherry.

Inland M1 Carbine. MFG Nov 1943. Had been "sportsterized" when I got it. Have restored most parts back to originals, After markets sights will be
replaced with original or original style reproduction sights on next trip to a gunsmith.

1903, M1, M97 Riot

An old and not so good pic, but these are some of the first and also some of my favorites. The 1903 and M1 Garand both came from CMP. Still remember the excitement of opening those boxes for a quick peek during lunch on the day they arrived. The 1903 Springfield came with the original barrel from Oct 1920, the Garand is Aug 1942 Springfield with a '42 barrel and the U.S. Winchester M97 Riot is dated 1942. The pistol is an Argentine Sistema and is as close as I'm going to get to an actual USGI 1911A1. However, it is a near exact copy and I love shooting it. I doubt I could have as much fun with a truly collectible USGI specimen.

mil2_zpsa33add1c.jpg

I don't know why but I'm smitten with the Norwegian M1914... exact copy of the USGI 1911 but all the markings are metric(11.25mm instead of 45 cal)

tahunua001 said:
I would like to own a nice A3 like emcom5s to round out my collection but for now, I'm happy with the ones I have.

Nothing at all wrong with what you got.

I got really lucky with that 03A3, ran in to a guy selling a couple RC Mausers at the range, we got to talking and he mentioned he was paring down his collection. I asked him if he had an 03A3 he wanted to get rid of, and his answer was, and I quote: "Not sure, I need to check my master list". :eek:

I guess that is a good problem to have.

I met him a week or so later, he showed up with three 1903s and 2 1903A3s, and I picked that one because of the stock markings. Love the circle ordinance stamp.

And like I mentioned it is a shooter.

Im 2 metal parts (trigger follower and trigger housing) and stock set away from 1944 correct.

20140320_230335_zps245d0ad4.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

nice... I'm only one part away from 44 correct(have a 52 barrel). I was just happy that all parts are springfield. I have an irrational love affair when it comes to US service, it has to be remington or springfield.

sorry... my milsurps are pretty camera shy... so I have no pictures...

my American rifles...

I have a nice original 30 carbine, a 30-40 Kraig ( stock has been sporterized... that I'll likely fix later ) a nice original M-1 Grand, an M-14 ( or M1-A... which ever is the semi auto version :o ), National Match, parts assembled gun ( shoots great, but numbers don't match )

would like to get an '03 or '03'A3 yet...

other foreign rifles include...

6.5 Arisaka carbine ( with a cut down rifle stock ), a nice original 6.5 Carcano, 7.7 Swiss K-31 ( stock cut down & drilled & tapped for a scope before I bought it, would like to fix that back to original as well ), a nice original CZ -52 in 7.62 X 45

Last edited:
Weren't those fully automatic?
I was thinking the other day that they (as in the gubment) could convert those to semi-auto and sell them to the general public. With the huge amount that the GI's used in Vietnam and other parts, but be a pretty economical way to clear up some space wherever they're storing them and lower the debt a bit :P. Plus we get cool M14's. ;D

Weren't those fully automatic?
I was thinking the other day that they (as in the gubment) could convert those to semi-auto and sell them to the general public. With the huge amount that the GI's used in Vietnam and other parts, but be a pretty economical way to clear up some space wherever they're storing them and lower the debt a bit :P. Plus we get cool M14's. ;D

Yes, M14 was capable of full auto fire.

Never going to happen. In the eyes of the Government, once a machine gun, always a machine gun. In theory, the rifles could be taken apart, and the parts sold off, or the demilled rifles could be sold complete, but with the current administration, that is pretty unlikely.

Back