• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

Cawdor

I am not seeing a "Post Reply" button. Has something changed? I am logged in, and I have deleted and reset my cookies. What is happening?

The "Post Reply" button only appears when you are viewing a thread, not when you are viewing a forum.

Do you not see a "Post Reply" button on this page?

There should be two. One at the top and one at the bottom of the thread on the right side.

You don't mean a "Reply with quote" button, do you?

I am not seeing any "Post Reply" buttons. I was able to post this reply by typing the link for a reply. Do you have any ideas why I am not seeing the buttons? It is happening on every board that uses vBulletin. On some boards, I see a "New Thread" button where the "Post Reply" button should be. I am using IE 5.2.2 on a Mac running OS X 10.2.1.

Hi Cawdor,

I got your email with the screenshot attached. Sure enough... no "Post Reply" button. Dangdest thing I never seen...

Couple of possibilities:
Is there a link to the "post reply" function even though there isn't a button there? At the bottom of the thread, move your cursor over the dark blue bar just above where it says "Last Thread - Next Thread" Does the cursor turn into a finger? Can you click where the button should be and post a reply?

It is also a possibility that you need to scroll further to the right to see the button?

Try going to the Edit menu. Under Preferences expand the "Web Browser" title and click on "Advanced" In the box to the right labeled "Cache," click the button that says "Empty Now." Then click on "Cookies" under the "Receiving Files" title. Delete all cookies from The Firing Line. Close your browser. Reopen IE and come back to TFL. Login again.

Report your findings by posting here. Here's the link to post a reply to this thread: http://www.thefiringline.com/forums/newreply.php?s=&action=newreply&threadid=134258

If these ideas don't help, let us know. We've got a lot of Mac-savvy members who can figure this out.

:)

BluesMan,

No luck with any of your suggestions.

Here are a pair of tidbits that may help.

1. I have the same problem using Netscape (Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X; en-US; rv:1.0.1) Gecko/20020823 Netscape/7.0).

2. There is no problem with OS 9 and IE 5.0.

Are there any Mac users running the same version of IE and OS X that are not having a problem?

I can post replies using the link and changing the threadid, but this is puzzling.

Cawdor

Back