• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

Post Removed

shooter1911

Can anyone tell me why my Buy, Sell, Trade post from yesterday,on selling my Ruger Super Blackhawk, was removed? I'm thinking as a Senior Member I meet the criteria. Thanks

Did you read the sub-forum rules at the top of the page? My guess is you didn't follow the Buy, Sell, Trade posting rules and therefore a mod deleted your thread. Usually it's something simple like the state was left out of the thread title.

Thanks for the reply. Yes I did read the rules twice. What am I missing?

WTS Ruger 5 1/2" Super Blackhawk
This excellent condition original 7 1/2" SBH had it's barrel cut, crowned, and re-sighted by Frank Smith of LSG MFG (http://lsgmfg.com/index.htm). Frank also did an excellent trigger job on this gun right after I purchased it new. It has been carried some, but fired rarely. It comes complete with a Bianchi fully lined #1 Lawman holster to match the barrel.

My location is North Texas, and would prefer a FTF sale, but will considering shipping to your FFL. The gun and holster are listed at $450. I hate to part with this one, but I don't shoot it anymore, and my kids are not into big calibers. Most of my shooting with this gun has been loaded by me using 250gr Keith HC 44 Specials or SAMMI spech 44 Magnums with the same bullets. The gun has never seen overly hot loads therefore is still extremely tight. Feel free to contact me for any more information. Thanks

I really can't remember, but I think it said WTS Ruger 5 1/2" Super Blackhawk. I'' repost with the location and see if that works. Thanks

Yep, I bet that was it. Just re-post your ad and this time include "TX" or "North TX" somewhere in the thread title. This is from the sticky at the top of each Buy, Sell, Trade sub-forum:

Staff said:
2. Providing a location in the title of the thread is now MANDATORY. For example:

AR Mags for sale in AK
(FL) For Sale: Glock 26
WTB: M1 in MI
A two-letter abbreviation is recommended. If you need to edit the thread title after submitting your post, press the Go Advanced button once you're on the Edit screen.

Back