Post Pictures Of Your Favorite Hunting Rifle Here!

Mauser8mm

Hey! I would love to see pictures of your favorite hunting rifle/rifles. Post your pictures here! When I get my new scope on my Mauser I will post a picture of it! Post as many pictures as you want, I'm eager to see what you all have to post! :D

I'm in

Pretty limited as far as rifles go in my state, till recently I just grab something out of the safe for the season I'm in. The Mossy 835, Winchester 1400 or Uberti .45 colt for firearms season.

This is what I used for muzzle loader last year. (as we speak it's on it's way to a fellow TFL member)
bobcat1.jpg

Or this once and a while
Photo1136.jpg

Taking this hog hunting this year (for the first time:D!)
101_0152.jpg

This will most likely win the new "fav" spot for deer this season (when or if it's finished that is:rolleyes:)

ccd2641f-5ecb-4b95-8d06-5d28e520d612_zpsdda5b6d3.jpg

Last edited:
Better picture showing the figure on the A&H above
Photo1139.jpg

Photo1138.jpg

It would be impossible to show the beauty of this rifle no matter what kind of camera you had...needs to be seen in person.

Thanks! The Austin and Halleck is a pretty interesting rifle. They aren't real common, and when there was this place called Galyans sporting goods ( back before Dick's came in and ruined everything) they sold there for around $380 if I remember right. Shocking fit and quality for the price, and about every fifth one seemed to have a drop dead gorges stock. I snagged that one off of a site call hoosier topics a few years ago for $200 plus about $40 in gas to go pick it up.

The AR15?
Weeeelll... that's a long story there...but basically it's a MK12 Mod. O built on a Mega Machine GTR-3H Billet ambi receiver set, dipped in precision reflex parts. It's got a few things different while maintaining the core MK12 standards. Everything on it is custom, I built the upper and lower completely from parts I individually selected. It's set up for the Ops. Inc 12th sound suppressor, has a rifle gassed 18" Douglass Match grade heavy barrel turned to the SPR contour. It's my AR "to end all ARs" so to speak, I lost all of my ARs a few years ago and this was the restart to a new set. I wanted to build one based off the MK12 Mod O (what I feel is the best AR system ever devised) but with completely hand selected parts.

Last edited:
Here is my favorite. It's a Mauser 1909 action custom 30-06 with an octagon barrel and a fine stock. It's extremely accurate and I have made some good shots with it over the last few years.

1000031n.jpg

dsc00267nzi.jpg

Last edited:
Armalite AR 10 .308
Millett 4-16 X 50 illuminated Retical
Stock handguard is gone now with an MI Handguard with picitinny rails

AR10withMillett_zps196c3313.jpg

I have been handloading since 1953 and bought my first new M70 in 1957 and have a collection of them and other rifles.

That Mauser is the best one I have.

082zp.jpg

Right now, it is this one. Remington 700 Varmint in 7mm08 with a B&C Medalist, Timney Trigger, Wyatt Extended Box, Dura Coat Dark Earth, DNZ Mount, Badger Ord Bolt Knob, Weaver Super Slam 2X10X50 shooting a handload of 45.5 Grns of H4350 under a 150grn Nosler BT. You don't pick the spot, you pick the hair you want to split.

IMG_20121009_185327.jpg

Waiting on the rest of the components to the next version of the rifle. It'll be a 20" barrel with a Wyatt DBM kit, Timney Trigger, Badger Bolt Knob, Weaver 3X15X50 Tac EMDR, B&C Light Tac Medalist dipped in Mossy Oak Original Bottomland and metal finished with Dura Coat WWII Olive Green. If this one shoots like the one above, I'll sell the one in the picture.

Wonderful!

Appreciate the replies! They are all wonderful rifles and I'm glad I had the chance to see the variety of rifles you all like to hunt with!

Just finished the new one (minus sights, don't know what to do for that yet). If it shoots half as good as it feels it will be replacing the previous rifles for both firearms AND muzzle loader season:)

IMG_1884_zpsbd493e5b.jpg

IMG_1885_zpsaacc737c.jpg

sorry for the terrible pictures:o...best I can do at night.

Home made single shot falling block .22wmr, shes's way to heavy to take to the woods but I've whacked a couple varmints around the barn with it. That counts as hunting right? :D
attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• R103.jpg
    R103.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 440
Back