possible trade...

Sorry if this is in the wrong spot.
Have an offer to trade a savage 93r17 tr has a Nikon 4.5-14x40 scope for a gen 4 glock 23 with 5 mags extended slide and mag releases and a custom stipple job.
Never had a 40 or a glock for that matter should I jump on it or no?

What condition is each in?
Do you still shoot the Savage or has it collected dust for years?

I probably wouldn't make the trade, but that is my opinion. YMMV

Know going in that a "stipple job" on a Glock may be a dozen different good or bad things, but one thing that it is for certain is a voided warranty.

Glock has a fine reputation for standing behind their guns in almost every case, and would typically give you service on that gun if you had a problem, but there's no guarantee that they would bend over backwards for you to do anything/everything for free. When you willfully melt Glock plastic, the first thing you've melted is the warranty.

Given the fact that there's 165 GUJILLION forty cal Glocks on this planet, I would suggest that there's easier ways to get them. However, if you have no use for that rifle and you won't miss it, I don't see the world coming to an end if you make the swap.

The night sights add some value. The barrel adds a little also, perhaps more if it comes with the original barrel, too.

Personally, I'd rather start with a Glock that hasn't been all personalized (not saying it needs to be new, just saying that it's been tweaked in many ways) than to start with something like the one you're describing.

But it doesn't seem to be a really "lopsided" trade either way, if that's what you are asking.

Keep the rifle and scope.....The Glock isn't worth as much as your combo....and the stipple job ruins its value even more.......

Sounds like about a more or less even deal money wise.

If you like the stipple job, I wouldnt worry about it. You hear some say it voids the warranty, and Ive seen others post they sent them in for warranty work that wasnt related to the frame, and Glock honored it. It appears to be a somewhat uncertain issue at best. As long as the stipple job wasnt botched and didnt screw up anything structurally, its really a non issue, as long as you like it.

Is the spare barrel in .40 or another caliber? Do you have a suppressor? If not, you now have a reason to get one. :)

If you find you dont like the .40, its easy to go to 9mm, or 357SIG. Sell the LW barrel and get a different one.

The mag release and slide stop are one of those things you either like or dont, but arent normally expensive, and are easily changed either way.

The night sights are a plus.

Back