Possible and optimal application for MP5 SD

Firepower!

Hello
I would like to know what scenarios in a civillian's life do you envision where he may need a MP5 SD? Furthermore, how do we make its use optimal? By this I mean what is the ammo of choice for SD and techniques to beat out hostiles. Your experiences are highly appreciated.

Personally, I can't think of many scenarios in which I'd prefer a suppressed 9mm SMG to a suppressed 5.56 carbine.

If I had to use one for HD, I'd load it with quality 147gr JHP ammunition and keep it on semi.

I could see it being more effective in or around the home. The SD is incredibly quiet and controllable, that would be a bonus for room to room fighting. It is lacking in the range department by keeping it's projectiles subsonic.

For out in the world use, I agree with Tamara, 5.56.

I would like to know what scenarios in a civillian's life do you envision where he may need a MP5 SD?

I find them very effective against ballons floating in a pond. Much better on the wallet than 5.56 or 7.62.

Yes. I really wish I had one for the scenario where I go to the range and want to waste as much money as efficiently as possible.
Maybe driving down my 1000 yards private range in my Bugatti Veyron shooting at targets out the window on full auto would also be fun.

Yes. I really wish I had one for the scenario where I go to the range and want to waste as much money as efficiently as possible.

Not for everyone for sure. Some blow money on guns, booze, women all kinds of stupid stuff.

I will hazard a guess that Tamara picked the 147 because it will retain more penetrating power at lower velocities.

A friend of mine has a pre-sample SD. He seems to prefer hot 124 grain loads for the balance of velocity/energy/accuracy.

I think a 9mm is a poor choice for a silenced defense weapon. The .45 ACP is a better performer in terminal ballistics. A 230gr bullet at 950fps is better than a 147gr bullet at the same. Two things the 9mm has over the .45 is mag capacity and net sound reduction. To be effective, the 9mm must be supersonic which will be louder. Depends on if you want to suppress a weapon a bit or suppress it a lot. Your MEN criteria will dictate.

The only utilities that my SD has served todate:-

1. Oohs Ahhs from the beholders.
2. I wake up at 3AM with a weird urge to go full auto plinking & I do it in the lawn. :cool:

A practical application for someone like me would be if/when I wake up at 3AM I realize I'm Jason Bourne & OBL's watching a bellydance right next to my house :P

I use Chinese 115/124 gr FMJs, Pakistani POF +P SMG FMJs IIZ and Federal 147gr Hydrashoks.

HS 147grs are the queitest & leave less residue as compared to Chinese & Pakistani ammo.

28072009020.jpg

28072009018.jpg

Back