Port Angeles, WA terrorist

aztec777

It is unfortunate that the knowledge acquired by these kinds of people is used for political/religious reasons. This is the exact reason I am so motivated to stay alert, train myself, train my family/friends, and prepare for the worst. I am more worried about domestic terrorism than foreign terrorism. I have seen oppressed people. I have seen death. I don't want to see it in my backyard. What do you think?

Larry-I am referring to the person who was arrested coming into the US from Canada through Port Angeles, WA. He had ingredients for bombs and timers in the trunk of his rental car.

This is why I am moving out to the country.
I predict that our cities are going to see some nasty terrorism in the near future.
I fear for our border cities especially.
Explosives are nothing, wait until they put a jar of anthrax on the beach of a coastal city and let it waft through the suburbs.

The only counter to that kind of terrorism will be TIGHT control from the government.

Goodbye to our peacful lives in America.
Goodbye to our freedom.

Sorry to be a doomsdayer, but that is honestly how I see it, and I am %100 an optimist.

5 days a week i am riding the Washington DC metro train

some daze i think it is the stupidest thing i do.

but i have a good job and parking in a garage in dc is out of the budget

dZ

Item from the Toronto Star, with another link.
http://www.thestar.com/thestar/editorial/news/991219NEW01_FO-BORDER19.html

Canada knew of suspect's terror links
Bomb plot accused was refused refugee status

SEATTLE (AP-Reuters-CP-Special) - The man arrested on suspicion of plotting a New Year's terrorist attack in the U.S. was denied refugee status by Canada because of alleged links with an Islamic terrorist group, police say.

Last night, the RCMP said Ahmed Ressam, 32, had been turned down for refugee status because of ties to the Armed Islamic Group (GIA), which is known to operate in Algeria.

He went into hiding after his application for refugee status was rejected.

Ressam was arrested by customs officials in Port Angeles, Wash., Tuesday after taking a ferry from Victoria. He was charged in Seattle on Friday with using a rental car to transport more than 50 kilograms of bombing-making supplies into the United States, providing false identification and lying to authorities.

Police in Montreal last night revealed Ressam has been tied to Karim Said Atmani, extradited by Canada to France on charges that he participated in a Paris subway bombing in 1995 that killed four people and injured 86.

Andre Poirer, a Montreal police spokesperson, said investigators are checking whether Ressam is linked to a theft ring in the city suspected of funnelling money to radical groups around the world.

The revelations raise a number of troubling questions:

What did Canadian officials know about Ressam's activities - and what did they do about it?

Why was he allowed to criss-cross the country, buy explosives and cross into the United States?
On Thursday, Montreal police said they had arrested 11 men, most of Algerian origin, over the past four months for thefts during the previous two years that netted more than 5,000 items, including computers, cellular phones, passports and credit cards.

Based on information from Interpol and French police, Montreal police said they have concluded that the real purpose of the ring was to generate cash to help finance Muslim extremist groups.

``There are terrorists in Montreal,'' said Claude Paquette, a police investigator. ``They are doing things like financing their fighting friends overseas.''

Last night, U.S. officials said they are concentrating on Ressam's possible ties to extremist Osama bin Laden. The detonation device found among the bomb-making supplies - circuit boards linked to a Casio watch and a nine-volt battery - is ``the method they teach in (bin Laden's) camps in Afghanistan.''

Bin Laden is the wealthy Saudi Arabian radical who is believed to have directed last year's bombings of American embassies in Kenya and Tanzania.

The GIA is widely blamed for a series of massacres in Algeria and was suspected to be planning terror attacks in France last year to coincide with soccer's World Cup.

``There was information that he (Ressam) was a member of the Armed Islamic Group,'' said RCMP Corporal Leo Monbourquette.

Canada and U.S. officials are trying to retrace Ressam's travels to determine whether he came from Afghanistan, where bin Laden is based, or neighbouring Pakistan, a transit route for his operatives.

Meanwhile, the U.S. Customs Service has placed all 301 ports of entry into the United States on high alert.

U.S. authorities also intensified efforts to find an accomplice who apparently had been with Ressam at a B.C. motel for three weeks prior to Ressam's arrest.

Employees of the motel told reporters yesterday the two men paid cash and maintained a low profile and that the floor of their room was often littered with plastic garbage bags.

Ressam had a reservation at a Best Western motel near Seattle's Space Needle, where thousands are expected to welcome the year 2000. He was headed for Seattle by a roundabout route when he was arrested, and his itinerary called for him to leave the United States by midweek.

U.S. authorities said they found two 22-ounce plastic jars containing nitroglycerin in the spare tire well of the rental car Ressam was driving. The jars were reportedly about three-quarters filled with nitro.

Ressam, who is wanted in Canada for violating immigration rules and for two thefts and a break-in, is expected back in a Seattle court on Wednesday, West Coast sources told The Star's Daniel Girard.

In Vancouver, RCMP Constable Manon Eburne said the force is ``assisting'' the FBI but that it would be ``inappropriate'' to make any further comment because the Americans are leading the investigation.

------------------
The New World Order has a Third Reich odor.

Back