Popped Pig on new Property

Zen Archery

2 Hogs
1 Explosive Hog
1 Fail to Fire
Gonna be an adventure
Click here for video.

NsfeeAjl.jpg

Did you figure out what caused your failures to fire?

Might check for anything blocking the bolt inside the barrel extension. On an AR if the bolt is jacked back only a few thousandths of an inch the rifle will not fire.
Another thing to check is to see if you lost a primer and had it fall into the trigger area. The hammer will sometimes hit the old cup and just stop before it gets to the F. Pin.

"20" Barrel
I believe last chrony was just over 2500 fps!!!"

Ah, in the same ball park as the 160gr in the 6.5x55 Swede. That pill at that MV has been effective on Large Critters for over 100 years. Cup & core soft point construction + moderate velocities + sectional density that can't be beat = dead critter.

I love my Swede M96/38 so much I shot an Appleseed with it. I think a 6.5 Grendel and maybe a 6.5 CM are in my future.

Is it sad to dream of chicken friend steaks. Bwhahaahah...
Waitress said she actually liked the chicken fingers more.
Gonna have to give those a go next time.
You know I went boar hunting in Oklahoma a few years back and ate at a hole in the wall local eatery in the town we were hunting near. So good!! Something about these little hidden country places.

Very impressive spray from that 6.5! What a great round, I'm seriously considering a Ruger Precision Rifle in that caliber.

Did you figure out what caused your failures to fire?

Might check for anything blocking the bolt inside the barrel extension. On an AR if the bolt is jacked back only a few thousandths of an inch the rifle will not fire.
Another thing to check is to see if you lost a primer and had it fall into the trigger area. The hammer will sometimes hit the old cup and just stop before it gets to the F. Pin.
Something to do with 700+ rounds before my last cleaning.
Also haven't lubed it since January winter frost when moisture built up in my barrel.
So yea, I'll start cleaning after 650-675 rounds.
Bwhahahahaa

Back