• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

Pop up of post from forum index not working

Capt. Charlie

Moderator Emeritus
I noticed today that the pop up window that displays part of the text from posts in the forums index isn't working. Those were really a nice time saver in scanning posts. Any chance we can get them back?

Still works from my end, Charlie. Did you recently change something? Either in your profile or on your home 'puter?

Hmmm. I'm on the computer at work, and there are so many "computer geniuses" toying with this thing all the time it's amazing it still works at all. I'll try it when I get home. Thanks Al.

Capt Charlie - if you find out what is preventing those popups, please let me know. I'd like to install whatever it is because I can't stand them. I know how to turn them off, but too many seem to depend on them.

10 to 1 your work computer has a popup blocker of some sort.

Well Mal, if you want those pop-ups to stop, I found the secret. First you load up a ton of stuff and have it all running silently in the background. Then you forgo system maintenance for about two months, or until your system resources are down to about 30%, and they will stop. Of course, shortly thereafter, everything else will too ;) . Turns out this computer at work had a ton of junk software in the quick start toolbar, along with another ton of spyware, "allegedly" :rolleyes: from another captain downloading...um, "pictures". Took me over 2 hrs. to delete almost 3 gig of "interesting material", dump the spyware, and run a virus scan. So that's how you do it, but I think you'll find it more fun to just cuss them pop-ups ;) .

Back