Poor experience with Front Sight

Status
Not open for further replies.

TailGator

I have not attended any training sessions at Front Sight, but I signed up for an email newsletter that they offer and tout as giving the subscriber a taste of what Front Sight offers. The emails that followed contained no information regarding self defense or firearms, but consisted solely of solicitations for memberships. When I cancelled my email subscription, Front Sight started calling my house with recorded solicitations for memberships. An email to them did not stop the calls. When I phoned them to ask them to stop calling, they hung up on me. On calling back, a very rude person said he would end the calls, and then hung up abruptly. That was yesterday, so I can't yet report whether the calls actually have ended.

I personally will not be seeking any training from them after having been treated this way - after all, Front Sight themselves said that their emails were representative of their training, and they were worthless - but I wonder what those who have attended their courses think. Is this even a legitimate operation? From my experience, I have to advise people not to give them any contact information.

Their training is on site in Pahrump, Nevada. It's pretty good. Unfortunately, their sales pitch is relentless and way over the top. If you want some training and have a thick hide, Front Sight is a good outfit. But they have a missionary zeal that's hard to take.

I beg to differ a little bit.

they have a missionary zeal that's hard to take.

I would change the word missionary to mercenary.

I contacted them by phone to inquire about one of their packages,,,
They would only give me sketchy information on the phone,,,
Bu they told me if I would pre-pay for a training set,,,
Then they would tell me all about it.

They are like Amway in their own fashion,,,
A fairly decent product but with ruthless marketing tactics.

After that one call I probably got 25 calls from them.

I still haven't been able to get myself off of their e-mail list.

Aarond

Same for me, luckily I subscribed with my spam-mail address and forwarded it to my serious mail. But after reading some mails I decided it was like a religion and marketing business mixed up. I don't read any of their mails nowadays.

Same treatment here, it's quite a turn-off.

I've never been to their training, but know people who have and they were pleased with the quality of instructors and training, but turned off by the continued sales pitch. It was exactly like the Amway schtick. Create a network, a family...

..as a result, it is not on my personal list of places to go for training. But it might be exactly what some people are looking for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back