Polytech M14?

Vaquero

Inactive
I recently have had a friend offer a polytech M14 to me in trade. I have heard that the Polytechs were well made and a good deal for the money, but I wanted to hear from some owners. I am not looking for a subMOA sniping piece, but rather a battle rifle that goes bang every time I pull the trigger and hits reasonably close to were I was aiming. I am interseted in any problems or praises. Also, what is the general price range for these rifles?

The receivers are great, the rest of the parts are junk. If you used it as a base for a GI M14 parts kit you'd have a really good rifle, closer to an M14 than the M1A is.

Vaquero, I have researched the Polytech and have heard everything from do not under any circumstances shoot it until it's been overhauled by an armorer who works with Polytechs, to the weapon is an excellent value for the price. Caution is definitly in order. Fulton Street Armory is on the net and has LOTS of free information -I don't have the URL but use any search engine and it should come right up... A used Polytech in excellent condition with two 30rd mags, 20 rounds of ammo, a quick detatch scope mount, and a world-class Tasco scope was offered for $400 here recently. In all my research, the few polytech failures which were discussed announced themself with poor feeding or operation long before failing - the owners continued to fire the weapons. Please e-mail me if you have more specific questions.

Chinese M-14 = junk. Their receivers are too soft creating head space problems after a small number of rounds. This can be very dangerous!

Buy a Springfield or spend several hundred to have the Polytech overhauled.

Back