Poll Results on carry guns

Jake

Inactive
Thanks to all of ya'll who replied to my question as to which gun you will carry. I did a quickie compilation of the poll. Glocks are by far the choice of carry. Almost half of those who replied carry some type of Glock. The model 26 seemed to be the favorite. Surprisingly 1911 type models were not as abundant as I expected. Several of us carry a handy knife of some type. Also several carry some type of small pocket gun as insurance. Everybody carried at least a .380 or larger as a main gun. Revolvers made almost as good a showing as did 1911s and they were all snub nosed guns. The rest were all good or high quality guns in decent calibers. This is pretty unscientific but it was interesting and has probably helped me to make up my mind about my next carry gun (will most likely be a Glock 26) as I was torn between several different models. It will also help settle some differences in opinions (or at least give me a good base to argue from) about the types and quality of firearms carried by most people. This may not be the most average group of folks to ask but you are easily more knowledgeable and sensible about the subject than most I have spoken with. Again thank you for your replies. Jake.

Jake,

I enjoyed reading the responses to your poll. I, also, enjoyed reading your results. I did not respond yesterday. However, I carried a Kimber Ultra Elite in a Pager Pal along with a 4" Schrade.

Thank you for sharing your findings.

Vee

------------------

Was an interesting post & answers were informative at the least. I wouldn't choose a carry pistol based on "what most of the other guys carry" though. Try a few different type platforms/calibers & choose what it is that you shoot best.

Sure, some calibers are a bit better than others, but with today's hi-tech bullets, I don't think you can go too wrong with any choice of a "suitable" caliber. Personally, I wouldn't go below a 9mm (although I love my 25" bbl SW 66 w/158 Nyclads) .... more of a personal preference than anything else.

Good luck & I do hope you wear the finish off before you have to use it for any defensive use.

It's still good to know though. If many own the same, more opinions to hear.

------------------
"100 Miles and runnin'"

Back