Poll: Renew Assault Weapons Ban?

I voted YES. The guns are being used for the intent they were designed: assaults.

Last edited:
Why is it that I feel so uncomfortable about the upcoming presidential election? There has been VERY little mention/debate about guns on either side of the aisle, other than Obama wanting another ban, the mention of Romney's "new" lifetime NRA membership, and only a few subdued touches on Giuliani's anti-gun stance.

It's almost like the "Calm before the storm", especially since the Democrat-dominated houses of Congress will no longer have President Bush to use as their "punching bag".

I really fear Hillary, Obama and Giuliani! Guns would, most likely, not be much of an issue if we could get Huckabee, Romney, Thompson, Paul....or even Richardson in the White House.

Whether you like him or not, there seems to be more credibility in the rumor about George W. Bush and the proposed renewal of the assault weapons ban. Remember, Bush said that he'd sign the renewal if it was placed on his desk....but the "rumor" was that he privately told his cabinet members and aides that he DIDN'T want to SEE such a document on his desk, and gave a wink and a nod!

Back