Poll: Better gun...CZ-75B (9mm/.40) or Sig P226 (.40)

Two very good guns and either would be a great choice. I would lean towards the 226 simple because it is utterly reliable, very accurate and feels great to me. Try both and pick the one that feels best to you.

I have had a SIG226 for about 5 years and it is a great pistol. Last December I purchased a CZ75BD and I am very impressed with this pistol. Eats any type of ammo without any problems. It fits the hand very nicely and points great. I did change the stock sights to Mepro Night sights.
It came with a 10 & 15 round magazine. Very easy to field strip and clean. I did put a reduce power mainspring in it to lighten up the trigger pull. I hate to say this but the $350 CZ is more accuarate than the SIG. SIGs do have a better trigger DA/SA. I would not hesitate to purchase or recommend the CZ75.

Sig-Sauer P226

For all the same reasons that jar mentioned. The only "junk"
or P.O.S. firearms that Sig produces are the Sig-Pro line.
Always stick to the classic "P" series of Sig firearms. Just
my $.02 worth!!!

Best Wishes,
Ala Dan, Life Member N.R.A.

They're both great guns, equally reliable, and equally accurate.

I find the DA/SA transition of the CZ better than the SIG, but the trigger pull is longer on the CZ, and not everyone can make it work right.

I'd go with whichever one feels best in your hand...

Two very good guns and either would be a great choice. I would lean towards the CZ simply because it is utterly reliable, very accurate and feels great to me. Try both and pick the one that feels best to you.

Just like what jar said.:D Come visit: http://www.czforum.com :)

Experience

All of us base what we say on our experiences. Of course YMWV, but in my expecerience I've never had a single problem with a SIG Sauer. Up until a few months ago I could've said the same thing about CZ, not anymore. I had a CZ75 POS that would do cute little things like have the safety fly off the frame, jam on every other round, and generally act up worse than any pistol I've ever owned. Based on my experience I'd say go with a SIG Sauer. I'm still waiting for a SIG Sauer to choke or jam in my hands.

This is the same problem I have. It was the CZ 75B Compact (.40) or the Sig 226 (.40). I think I am going for the CZ 75B compact when the next gun show hit town.

Back