Moderator Emeritus
To: <doncicci@mobsters.com>
Subject: Politcally Incorrect Cancellation

*** Citing concern with possible violation of the FCC "Equal Time"
regulations, Politically Incorrect has rescinded the offer for Dr. Keyes
to appear on their program Thursday, November 4th. His status as a
Republican Candidate for the Presidency has allegedly caused concerns with
their legal department.

If you feel as strongly as we do about the abrupt cancellation of Amb.
Keyes' appearance, we would encourage you to let your voice be heard.
In these days of so many alternative forms of communication, it is our
duty as active citizens of a free Republic to make use of them in the
expression of our views.

Please be courteous, polite and unassuming. Though their concern may or
may not be justified, it would be of great value for them to see the
interest that really is out there for coverage of this remarkable
candidate and statesman.

Email form to Politically Incorrect may be accessed at the following URL: http://abc.go.com/pi/talkback/index.html
Choose "other" in the subject drop box
and/or http://abc.go.com/pi/talkback/talk_index.html

Joy Dolce, Politically Correct Coordinating Producer
Phone: (323) 575-5000
Fax: (323) 575-4296
Email: dolce@incorrect.com

Carol Chouinard, Producer (323) 575-2443

Snail Mail Correspondence may be mailed to:
Incorrect, Inc.
CBS Television City
7800 Beverly Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90036

-------------------------
This message is sent only to those who have expressed interest in Alan
Keyes. To SUBSCRIBE or UNSUBSCRIBE, please enter your e-mail address at http://keyes2000.org/news/weekly_updates/weekly_update_subscribe.shtml

------------------
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes" RKBA!

Shocked, SHOCKED I am that ABC would cancel the appearance of a man who could shut whiny-ass Bill Maher up for good... a man who exemplifies the "Snappy Answers to Stupid Questions" mindset... a man who tells it like it is.

Grumble, mutter...

------------------
"The right of no person to keep and bear arms in defense of his home, person and property, or in aid of the civil power when thereto legally summoned, shall be called in question.." Article 11, Section 13, CO state constitution.

Naaahhh. Not this time. I think justice would be better served by your efforts, DC. Best of wishes to you, but:

1. It will let me get to bed at a decent time.

2. It will save Ambassador Keyes the agrevation of wasting his time trying to convince a limp wristed sorry excuse for a commedian how to think like a man.

Good night friend. Its getting late. :D

------------------
"But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip; and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." -Jesus Christ (Luke 22:36, see John 3:15-18)

Equal time regs my butt. There's no prohibition on a show letting any single candidate speak his mind to the exclusion of others, IINM. That's just speech. Bigtime smokescreen.

Next to our chubby girlfriend Rosie, Bill Maher raises my blood pressure to dangerous levels.
During the impeachment period, he did everything he could to cottle and defend Clinton, by besmirching dead presidents and noble men, saying they all have done the same things Billy has.
I don't even watch the 2 minute highlights in the morning my local station carries of the show.
Actually the show is pointless. Its all liberal is good, all conservative beliefs bad.
Who needs the aggravation?

This isn't germaine to RKBA, but that worthless A-Hole has gone WAY over the line in making jokes about Ronald Reagan's Alzheimer's disease. In my ever-so-humble opinion, ABC should sever and deliver Bill Maher's addled head to everybody whose lives have been devastated by this horrible disease. Is this any better than if he had uttered the "N" word with respect to our friend Mr. Keyes? That surely would have gotten him fired on the spot.

P.S. I got the same result as Jones. "My 2 cents worth does not exist." There is a message board, however, at this address regarding Politically Incorrect, and I put my 2 cents worth there:
http://mboards.abc.go.com/cgi-bin/boards/show?X=UvjcxbyFsAkxR.BThwRPmhuMmns_jH9DvaMRvJRq

Here's a newsclip from Conservative News Service from today:

Maher Takes Another Jab at Reagan

(CNSNews.com) -A joke by the host of a national television about former President Ronald Reagan's bout with Alzheimer's Disease has an Alzheimer's Association chapter and the former president's oldest son angry. According to a transcript of Wednesday's broadcast of the "Politically Incorrect" program broadcast by ABC television, host Bill Maher said, "President
Clinton's approval rating, 57 percent, one of the highest ever for a second-termer. That just came out today. People made big news of this because it was higher than Ronald Reagan's approval rating in his second term. It was only 52 percent, so Clinton, higher than Reagan. Another big difference between Reagan and Clinton, Clinton wets other people's clothing." The Alzheimer's Association, Greater Washington Chapter found the joke to be in poor taste. Karen Lubieniecki, a spokesperson for the Association chapter told CNSNews.com, "Alzheimer's is a serious disease that takes a terrible toll on the person with the disease and the people who care for them."

[This message has been edited by MLT (edited November 04, 1999).]

I posted a slightly politically incorrect message on the ABC/Late Night message board regarding Mr. Keyes, and it was edited off the message board. There was no profanity whatsoever. I just suggested that Alan Keyes wasn't milk toast enought for Mr. Maher. Guess I must have crossed the line.

Back