Police Scanners

Point Blank

Anybody out there listen to a police scanner on occasions?? I picked up a Radio Shack Pro92 hand held today at a pawnshop for $97 out the door.R.S. sells them for $349.This is a 500 channel trunking scanner.What i really would like to do is find out some GOOD frequencies here in zone 2(Atlanta)like vice squad,narcotics,undercover,etc.Already have many Atlanta Police frequencies,but looking for "the good ones".Need to learn how to use this better because i think with this model i can "pick up"what freq. they are talking on,then store it.Anyone out there use a 800MHZ Trunker that can share some tips on how to use this thing to the max??Thanks so much!!

Dear Point Blank,
Contact Radio Shack or your local amateur radio store and ask for a Police Frequency Guide. Check the guide publishing date for recency of frequencies. Contact the publisher for the most current issue.
You can also try:
http://www.deltapress.com
or others.
Contact your local ARC, amateur radio club, for additional info!
A bit of net searching may also gather some results for you!
Regards,
Lance Gothic
Shibumi

Thanks..the book i bought today was the Police Freqency Guide.Shows many mid-800 Atlanta police freq.'s.Guess its up to me to find out which(vice,narcotics,etc.)of the numbers they use.Thanks again!!

Back