Police Chief of D.C. says "no semi-autos" . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
the mayor needs to find another job, or be fired for disobeying the supreme court

I'm going to hope that they simply mis-spoke. However, as mentioned, this was just a battle, the war has not been won.

Keep and bare your arms diligently.

After you saw hizzoner in action, do you still have any wonder why D.C., even with all it's advantages, is so poorly run?

DC Police Chief makes her own laws now?

The DC Police Chief has the power to make her own laws in DC? She makes up her own law that no automatic or no semi automatic guns will be allowed in DC? The Supreme Court just ruled and she now makes DC laws as to the type of guns that can now be kept in DC by law abiding citizens? Who do these left wing cooco for cocoa puffs think they are?

The DC Police Chief has the power to make her own laws in DC? She makes up her own law that no automatic or no semi automatic guns will be allowed in DC?

The semi auto ban is already apparently on the books, and will need to be challenged and struck. Why they would have had such a law is a mystery to me because ALL handguns were effectively banned anyway.

On the other hand, they have never allowed logic to interfere with their anti-gun schemes, so why start now?

At some point, there are going to have to be more definitive rulings, otherwise there will be no end to the anti's shell-game tactics. So you can only have a revolver? Give me a break.

Although this case necessarily forced an answer to the central question of whether an individual right existed, a comprehensive review of every gun law in the country falls outside of the scope of this particular case.

There is, in the meat of the majority opinion, plenty of fodder to provide a basis for such challenges. I encourage everyone to read the whole thing, as time permits.

Having settled the individual right issue, new cases will need to be brought up to clarify the extent to which arms may be regulated. I think Scalia did an excellent job of opening the door to challenges; indeed, he invited them.

Last edited:
If DC is going to ban semi-autos, you think they'll tell Jerry Miculek he can't carry his S&W 625? If it's him with that against a thug with a Tec-9, my money's on Miculek.

That whole region makes me wanna puke.

I hope this inspires everybody in DC to buy 2-3 little wheelguns, in the interim. Let the city's attempt at prohibition result in twice the number of guns coming into it.

The mayor and police chief there are retreads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back