PoI problems, and that's not Point of Impact!!

Pond James Pond

No, no: in this case PoI is the Pendulum of Indecision which has started to swing.

The reason is that I saw, today, the secondhand Astra .38Spl NC-6 revolver that I'd referred to in my thread about IWB carry for a 4" revolver.

It is very nice, very tight and with a very nice blue finish. Lock up is good and utterly rigid if the hammer has just fallen and the trigger still pulled back. The trigger pull is seamless.

In other words I like it a lot.

Am I considering it? Heck, yes. So why the indecision?

Well, things I like:
The trigger: better than my current Astra .38 snub
The finish: better than my current Astra .38 snub
The lock-up: marginally better than my current Astra .38 snub
The sight radius: better than my current Astra .38 snub

What don't I like?
The fact that I would have to sell one gun (my snub) to buy it: with my safe that's a legal fact.
The fact that I am unsure if I will find a comfortable means of IWB carry that I can have confidence in; something I can't find out before it's mine.

Hence my PoI...

Not really asking a question. Just voicing my thoughts but feel free to voice yours!!

"that's a legal fact".???

Where I live, the law states that, beyond a certain number of firearms in private ownership, storage and security requirements change.

So my options to buy a €350 revolver are either:
  • sell one to allow for a new one, that being my existing .38Spl, or...
  • buy a larger safe to meet requirements for about €900 and thus keep both guns.

I can't afford a new safe either in money or space, so that means I must choose: my current .38 Spl snub, or a new-to-me .38Spl 4" but not both....

C'est la vie...

I'd get the 4", it's my favorite size revolver. Just seems like the perfect balance between ease of handling and accurate to shoot. I have 2-.38sp, 1-.357mag, and my .41mag all in four inch and love them all. Although, I am on the hunt for a 3" for EDC. I picked up a Rossi 3"-6shot revolver that I really liked when it actually functioned. But, I returned it for repair and as part of the recall and unfortunately Taurus deemed it unrepairable due to lack of support for Rossi revolvers. So they've replaced it with a Taurus 605-2" snub that only holds 5 rounds. While I'm a bit disappointed at this I guess it could have been worse.

Back