Pocket holster J-frame 640 Recomendation

PDshooter

Need a recomendation for pocket holster J-frame 640. Want break-up the out line......Don't really have a clue what to buy ? We just got our CCW in this F-up state about 2yrs now.....I've had mine about 6 months....Thanks

I have both a Galco pocket holster and a Kramer.
The Galco cost less, is a little larger and works fine.
The Kramer is small, super well made and also works
fine. I usually carry the Kramer in front jeans pocket.
I use the Galco in larger pockets, either pants or
coats. I won't pocket carry without a holster.

I got a free horse hide holster for a J frame and carried a 640 in it for a while. I want to say it was Galco. I don't feel like it does too great of a job breaking up the outline but then again, I think most of us are a lot more aware of the shape than anybody who looks at us is.
It's a big heavy weight in a pocket, sways pretty good.

Pocket holster

+1 on the Mika holster. I have tried many of the others, and I cannot find another brand that holds a candle to the Mika. Comes in 2 styles, square bottom, and round bottom. This is to ensure the best fit possible in whatever pants you are wearing. I have both.
He also makes an IWB that has to be tried to be believed.
A great product, and a super gentleman to deal with. Give him a call, and he will be happy to discuss your situation with you, and advise you as to what to get. Can't ask for more than that.

Need a recomendation for pocket holster J-frame 640. Want break-up the out line......Don't really have a clue what to buy ? We just got our CCW in this F-up state about 2yrs now.....I've had mine about 6 months....Thanks

Mika

I like my Sticky holster on my 640. Works well for IWB or pocket carry.

That said, I'm with other posters who think that the 640 is a little heavy for pocket carry without big pockets and a good strong belt.

Pocket Holster

Desantis has a good pocket holster. It conceals a revolver well, doesn't come out of the pocket when drawing and it's very reasonably priced. It also has a front cover which you can use or not as you prefer.

I use a Desantis Nemesis for my pocket carry 638, helps break up outline and keeps my gun grip positioned up.

Back