Pocket holster for a small-frame revolver.

Demogorgo

Inactive
I just got a Taurus model 617 revolver, adn I'm liking it quite a bit. Recently, I've been looking for a holster that would be convenient for concealed carry, and have had little luck. The best thing would be a pocket holster that I can keep in the right hand pocket of my jacket, but I can't find anything like that.

I saw a few belt holsters, but they seem impossible to conceal. Is there an equivalent S&W gun with holsters that will fit the Taurus 617? The 7-shot cylinder makes it a little bulky for a small frame revolver, so I might be out of luck...

Are there any holsters that might do the job, or a completely different solution?

I've been looking at RJ Hedley's offering.

Summer is coming up. Flowers are starting to open up in Kentucky. (A real good sign!) I need a pocket holster for my S&W 331. RJ makes a pocket holster with the J-frame hammer in mind. It has a little ramp of leather in the front which, to me, looks like would serve two functions. First, it would keep the hammer from getting caught in the pocket material when you draw, and second it would keep the holster in your pocket. It's obvious that he put a lot of thought in the manufacture of this great pocket holster. Plus, I'm always surprised at the reasonable cost. RJ makes great holsters. They're beautiful and, even better, they work. I have two already.

Kentucky Rifle

Thanks for the recommendations, guys. All of these holsters look great. I see that they are made to fit S&W J-frame revolvers. Do most revolvers fit in these? And how can I tell if my Taurus 617 is compatible?

Demogorgo...

You gotta e-mail RJ and tell him what you want the pocket holster to fit. He then molds the leather for your particular pistol. $50.00 +$5.00 s&h.

KR

I've got both the Kramer and Uncle Mikes pocket holsters for my S&W 642. Really like both, but the Uncle Mikes seems to work better for me when wearing tighter fitting jeans. What the heck, get one of each. You can never have enough concealed carry options...

Sarge

Back