Plum Blue

Did you mean "Plumb Brown"

I did my 1st Flint'er with this product. It took many applications, and the wife was getting a little impatient because i was doing the heating in the oven, but the finished product was unbelievable.

http://www.birchwoodcasey.com/sport/index.html

page down and you will come to the Plumb Brown.
Good luck, it dose work.

Can't say that I've ever heard of Plum Blue.... but Plum Brown is my first choice for browning. Usually takes several coats to even it out but always turns out great. Propane torch works well for heating.

There is an unusual bluing process that will produce a deep, dark purple hue, called plum, over a long period of time. I don't know the details; it might even be proprietary. I've only ever seen it on some single action Rugers, which are considered highly collectible once they've reached the plum color.

At any rate it's not something any hobbyist that I know of has ever produced.

There is an unusual bluing process that will produce a deep, dark purple hue, called plum, over a long period of time. I don't know the details; it might even be proprietary. I've only ever seen it on some single action Rugers, which are considered highly collectible once they've reached the plum color.

Yes this is what I wanted didn't know what to call it .:)
I had a single action Ruger 22LR
Thanks Tom

Back