pls help i.d. this b.p.m.l.

i would like to know what i have it is missing trigger sping and two screws on the stock one for trigger gaurd and one for tigger mount
and a peace of the stock metal opposite the hammer
it is not in bad condition but might be considered good
i think this is a very old muzzel loader but do not want to sell
thank you for any help

Attachments

• HPIM0575.jpg
    HPIM0575.jpg
    241.5 KB · Views: 59
At one time, it may have been a very nice rifle, with fancy stock and iron hardware. It could have been made by any of hundreds of arms makers, it's impossible to tell by the photo. Looks like a wall-hanger now. The stock is broken and patched in several places, the lock is held in place with metal pieces nailed to the stock, the hammer is corroded beyond the point of being unsafe. I would assume, given the condition of the rest of the gun, that the barrel is also beyond salvaging.

If there are any markings on this rifle, they should be either on the lockplate (the flat piece that the hammer is mounted against), or along the top of the barrel, but they were normally engraved by hand and so may be difficult to see.

As it is it is nothing but an old junker, not worth even trying to research unless something is obvious. It was obviously once a good gun but was heavily used and badly repaired. A nice wall hanger.

Jim

Back