Please recommend a mag pouch for USP45 (full size) magazines

Oleg Volk

Staff Alumnus
Need to find a single-mag pouch asap. Would prefer paddle or, if that's not possible, belt model. Any material as long as the magazine is help securely. Needs to be open top, no flap. Please recommend a model and where to buy it.
I recall trying a Glock 21 kydex pouch and the USP mag would fall right out...

Heya Oleg...

When looking at the online store at http://shop.blade-tech.com/, they give you the option to choose the pistol platform for the given magazine (under "customize" button)... USP series is in there. Seems like a good place to start.

Looks like a paddle mount is available for no extra $.

Fobus definitely makes a paddle-style mag carrier for the USP series... but I don't think they make a 'single'. My double carries my USP .45 full/compact and USP 9mm full/compact mags just fine. There's extra room as the mags get smaller, but they're still fairly secure.

Is this for open or concealed carry?

Correction! Fobus does have a single for 9 & 40 full-size. You can check out the Fobus website here

FOBUS

If they offer one (I have at least one of their single-mag holders) it WILL be secure.

I have some FOBUS for testing; very secure both in holding mag(s) and staying on belt.

Cheap, too.

I have a Fobus double carrier. They have an insert in the mag pouches that holds the magazine tightly. It looks like the fuzzy side of velcro. If you have a magazine holder that is a smidge too large, put a patch of this inside.

Back