Please look at this holster.

yankytrash

Please take a look at this holster I made for IPSC. I want some opinions on whether or not it looks like it fits within the rules.

It passes thye jump test with flying colors. I had to add that turn screw close to the trigger gaurd, but it makes for a tight fit, and positive "click" when the gun is holstered.

The only thing I wonder about is the trigger gaurd notch (to facilitate the square gaurd), and that little area where I messed up on the cut that covers the trigger itself. Think they'll call me on that?

Attachments

• speedholster.jpg
    speedholster.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 183
UGH!! My bad.

I just downloaded the picture again, and noticed what a nice straight cut I made on my "mistake". Then, I looked at the holster (the real one) closely again.

That's the factory Fobus cut. No mistaking it for my rat chew cuts. I guess it has to pass.

Woops.:p

IPSC TRAINING

Bring a spare holster anyways.

In fact, bring spare guns, ammo, belts, glasses, muffs, and any other device you find indispensible.

Or you'll need it.

I'd allow it. If you can't get your finger into the trigger guard it's safe. I've had some guys show up with totally open holsters, a little cardboard and tape fixes it for the match.

It's gotta cover the trigger, and has to be able to retain the gun during a 17" jump. Also has to retain the gun for a 17" jump and landing 90 degrees to the left and right of the starting position.

Back