Please help -- looking for a for Kahr MK40 holster

Emin

Folks, I need your help. I purchased a Bianchi pad holster originally designed for Colt .45 paddle+open muzzle holster because to my surprise it fit MK40 just fine. The only downside is that it has a strap with a thumb break which I realy hate. I paid half price for it but later realized that I can't draw fast enough with the damn thing. Does anybody know an inexpensive (around $50.00) BELT holster with a high ride (muzzle is not lower than belt) that I can purchase on the web? It doesn't have to be made of leather! I searched for hours through all the dealers recomended by Kahr Arms web site, through all of my old bookmarks and search engines. Considering that it's a relatively new gun, it's not surprising there's very few of holsters available, and all of the ones that fit my needs (belt or pad, high-riding) are to be custom made and, thus, very $$$.
Thanks for your help in advance!

It' not on the web, but I know where you might just try.
Arizona Tactical Accesories at (480)529-6304.
They make Kydex holsters.
I got a strong side belt holster for my walther P99 for $50.00. They also make IWB holsters too.

------------------
Just as there is no such thing as too much fun,
there is no such thing as owning just one gun!!!

Now, go do the right thing, and buy that Walther!!

I'll second denfootes recommendation of ATA. Last year I couldn't find an IWB that a store stocked for an MK9. I went in to Caswells and spoke to (his name escapes me at the moment) the gentleman who is ATA. He used my gun as a template and made a Kydex IWB to my specs as I waited. No extra charge. Check out www.caswells.com

***apologies guys. thanks for bringing the slip-up to my attention jim r. the holster i have is indeed for the k40, and while the mk40 will fit and work, it isn't optimized for that particular gun. again, my bad.***

hi emin,
i've got a ky-tac braveheart for the kahr 40, ready to ship. while you said you're looking for a belt holster, it's not like traditional iwb holsters, and it may be worth a look.
skd0102.gif

(sorry, i'm short on kahr images)
i've tried various brands of kydex gear, and have found ky-tac to be the best quality in my experience. if you're interested in more details, please visit www.skdtac.com and click on the ky-tac icon for more details.
happy new year and good luck with your search!
joe

------------------
www.skdtac.com
tactical accessories for self-defense and le

[This message has been edited by skdtac (edited January 01, 2000).]

skdtac - The listing is for a K40, and the question is about an MK40. Will the K40 holster work with the MK?

I've been viewing this thread with keen interest, as my Xmas present was an MK40, and the leather IWB I have for my G19 isn't the answer for the MK40.

JimR

Hey, I don't have any advise on the holster, but I have a question for you. I was thinking ab out getting one of those Kahr MK40's but have not had a chance to talk to anyone that has actually shot one. What do you think of her? How does she shoot? Does it conceal well? Weight?

Thanks.

Highspd,
I just fired my Kahr MK40 for the first time a few days ago.

Good points:
Small and very concealable. Less than 1" wide. I was going to get the Glock 27 till I saw this gun. Been carrying a gun concealed for 27 yrs and this gun hides very well.
Great workmanship, fit and finish.
During firing of the 200 break-in rounds, no malfunctions of any type were noted.
Recoil is nothing out of the ordinary. In a real, no-****, defensive type shooting, you won't even notice the recoil.
Sights are great. You won't notice these in a real shooting either.
Very smooth trigger.

Undesirable points:
IMO, I think the trigger pull is too long. For this point alone I would suggest shooting the gun prior to buying one. I did get used to it, however, if you have very large hands it might not work.

The bottom inside edge of the trigger guard should be rounded off as the edge is sharp. Your trigger finger will notice it.

Other than that. I am very satisfied with it.

Paid $459 at B&B Sales in Westminster, CA.

Thanks, folks, for all the replies!

Highspd, I picked the gun just yesterday, went home to degrease and relubricate it lightly, and drove to the range.

My impression was very similar to what ARshooter posted: the gun is very accurate and the recoil is easily manageble unless you're REALLY sensitive.

I'm not certain, but would the MK40 be THE smallest .40 S&W out there, at least dimensionwise? The thing is tiny -- I can easily put one in my jeans' frong pocket without feeling uncomfortably.
I'd like to add just a bit about accuracy -- yes, it's accurate, but you'll have to control it more than, say, a Sig (or probably, any larger-framed pistol, for that matter). Due to an overall hot nature of .40 caliber, the pistol may recoil in ones hand JUST enough to worsen the accuracy somewhat. It becomes, however, almost irrelevant in defensive shooting.

I've found only two spots where some cosmetic work definitely needs to be done. I totally agreed with ARshooter regarding the trigger guard, only it was my middle finger that "noticed it", not the trigger one. The second place is the very front edge of the frame when the slide's removed -- boy, is it sharp! I think one can be stabed with it. I had at least a couple of small bleeders on my hands while I cleaned the gun. Overall, MK40 is smooth from the outside and shouldn't catch on clothes when carried concealed.

Trigger pull is a little long, but personally, I like it just fine. And it's very smooth.

I find the way metal parts and surfaces, especally inside of the frame, of MK40 are finished rougher and somewhat less refined than those of Sigs or HK. Just IMHO.

Highspd, regarding the weight and dimension -- MK40 is very small but not as light as you would expect by just looking at it. Check http://www.kahr.com/pistols_40sw_f.html for this info.

Most importantly, the pistol is very reliable and unlikely can be beat in terms of consealment.

Regards,

Emin

[This message has been edited by Emin (edited January 01, 2000).]

Back