please help identify my mauser!

sarsmassi

Inactive
I picked up this 8mm mauser I really like it and heard it was a yugo. I have looked online but none of the markings are matching up. I need to find a front sight for it. Which I cant find either. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I could be wrong as I'm no mauser expert but that front sight doesn't look like the ones I've seen on Vz-24's Makes me think more of the Polish Mausers actually.

Thanks for your quick response. Can you tell me anything else about it? Is that front sight original? Maybe how old? Also the moon crest on it I thought made it turkish?

Your bolt is not original, or the stock is not original. Note that the bolt handle is straight, and the stock has the cutout for the turned down bolt like a K98k.

When I do a search for a Polish Mauser one of the first images that comes up is a rifle with a stock with a cutout but a straight bolt and the same front sight...

Guys its a Polish WZ29 and the stock IS correct for this model and so is the straight bolt. Its probably a Spanish Civil War rifle since the Polish crest was removed from the receiver ring.

Back