please help identify gun

It has flobert action I think it is German/Bulgrian. It has double triggers, is 22 cal. I has a Crown over B, Crown over U, and Crown over G.

Attachments

• IMAG0111 - Copy.jpg
    IMAG0111 - Copy.jpg
    231.4 KB · Views: 131
  • IMAG0110 - Copy.jpg
    IMAG0110 - Copy.jpg
    232.5 KB · Views: 97
  • IMAG0104 - Copy.jpg
    IMAG0104 - Copy.jpg
    234.2 KB · Views: 89
please help idenify

here are more photo's

Attachments

• IMAG0109 - Copy.jpg
    IMAG0109 - Copy.jpg
    234.2 KB · Views: 82
  • IMAG0103 - Copy.jpg
    IMAG0103 - Copy.jpg
    232.1 KB · Views: 68
  • IMAG0112 - Copy.jpg
    IMAG0112 - Copy.jpg
    230 KB · Views: 63
It's German, and is what's known as a Warnant-action rifle (probably in 6mm Flobert), but is in bad enough shape that it shouldn't be fired, even if you could find the proper ammo for it.

The crown over G is 1st black powder proof for rifle barrel. The crown over U is an inspection mark. I don't show the crown over B proof in my records.
Ralph

The Crown/B indicates the gun was proved in the finished condition. The Crown/U is the final definitive proof. The Crown/G is the proof for rifled barrels. Collectors sometimes call the combination the "bug marks".

Basically, the three marks were replaced by the single Crown/N in 1912, which was replaced by the Nazi Eagle/N in 1939 and by the Federal Eagle/N after WWII.

Jim

I'm not Jim K. but if I had to guess I would say before 1912, probably around 1905, at 4:OO O'clock in the afternoon on the swing shift.:D

Thanks, RJay and I appreciate everyone's input. Ya'll have been a great help on the identification of my gun. I have replaced the hammer and it shoots great, very accurate. I shoot 22 cal. Shorts in it. It's probably not worth much but it is a great gun to pass on to my son. Thanks again for all the help.

Back