Please help. I need a small accurate bubble level that will set on a picatinny rail.

mellow_c

The title says it all.

I want a small yet accurate bubble level to set on top of a picatinny rail so that I can level the rifle. Then I can hang a thick dark string with a weight on the end against a white wall, and then use that to line up my cross hairs with. Or something like that :D

But I cant find a small accurate bubble level anywhere!!! They are all like toys and inconsistent in quality.

There are bubble levels out there that actually ATTACH to your picatinny rail, but I doubt their accuracy as they probably end up moving as you tighten them down. That's why I want one that's small that I can set on top of the rail.

In this video the guy is using a red level on the rail with an elastic cord that looks promising, but I've searched everything I can think of with internet search engines and cant find anything like it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiRwWlXf0Do

Please help. If you guys know of anything at all, please let me know.

You don't need a bubble level.

Get two wires and place them on top of the rail.

Look at the wires from a distance against a horizontal background. You'll see if it's canted.

Then I can hang a thick dark string with a weight on the end against a white wall, and then use that to line up my cross hairs with. Or something like that
Or you could use the door frame or a window frame, or the corner of a building which should be plumb and level

Or you could eyeball everything and come just about as close as worrying with levels.

Thanks everyone for the great suggestions. I ended up finding what I was looking for. I asked brownells customer service and they found the one from the video for me.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/537916/ctk-precision-all-purpose-gun-level

I could only find it on Amazon and at Midway so I got it from Midway because shipping was a little less.

$30 out the door.

Way to go brownells for finding a product for me that they don't seem to offer!

I'm going to start shooting at longer ranges some day (500-1000 yards) just for fun. So I figure I should do my best to be sure my scopes are all aligned with my rifles as precisely as I can manage.

Thanks again!

Back