Places to shoot (Ranges)

Bushwhacker

It is getting very hard to find places to shoot and one of the sites I've found is not very accurate as far as being up to date with the current information on their web site I have put the web site url at the bottom in case anyone wants to check it out.

Does anyone know where to shoot in North Carolina? Please tell what kind of range it is; Rifle,Pistol,Skeet etc. TIA

http://www.wheretoshoot.org/

Bushwacker, I forwarded the url to one of the officers at the club I belong to and told him we should consider posting our data. Perhaps your posting will get that web site more up to date.
Good Shooting, Hank

Bushwhacker-
There is a trap and skeet range in Henderson county that I've been to a few times. I can't remember the exact name of it, The Buncombe Wildlife and Skeet Club, I think, even though it's not in Buncombe county. It's in Fletcher, and open to the public.
The last time I went, about a year and a half ago, The cost for a non-member was $3.00 per round (round of trap, not round of ammo), and they were open Wednesday, Saturday, and Sunday afternoons.
There are two skeet and two trap ranges. It's a pretty laid back place: You just show up and start shooting, and when you're ready to pay, wander around till you find the range master. He's usually shooting :).

-boing

P.S.- In the Asheville area, there is On Target, a small indoor pistol range open to the public($5.00/half hour), and The Asheville Rifle and Pistol Club, which is members only. I've never been to either place, so I don't know much else about them.

[This message has been edited by boing (edited April 18, 1999).]

Bushwhacker,

Just off of 85 in Caldwell Dr. between Gastonia and Charlotte (on north side of 85) is Shooters Express. Indoor range, 75 ft., have separate stalls for pistols and rifles/shotguns. Can shoot up to .375 H&H. Can also rent pistols and FULL AUTO MGs!!! (MP5 and Uzi). When I was a member there the memberships were $99/single, $129/family-deluxe. Regular rates were $8/hr, I think.

- Ron V.

------------------

[This message has been edited by hksigwalther (edited April 18, 1999).]

FYI... the NRA keeps one of the best and most up-to-date listings of places to shoot.

www.nrahq.org and you can find all sorts of things... use the search engine.

Good Shooting!

Back