Places to Shoot in Phoenix?

Jeff White

I will be in the Phoenix area on business the 17th through the 22d of December. Any good places to shoot that won't break me with range fees etc.?

I'm considering bringing one of my ARs (if I can talk myself into risking a preban through the airline) so an outdoor or indoor facility that accepts them will be needed.

TIA
Jeff

I'm with Gale on this one - called the 'Ben Avery Shooting Facility', it's cheap, the staff are terrific, and you can bring almost anything but an M1A1 (tank, that is ...). ;)

Check it out at:
http://www.gf.state.az.us/frames/other/benavery.htm

It won't hurt that the weather is fantastic right now.

For indoor ranges, I recommend Caswell's, and there is also Shooters' World and Mandalls (where you can rent full auto).

Have a great time. Maybe I'll send an email to you, and we can get a few TFL folks together, if you wish.

[This message has been edited by Jeff Thomas (edited November 10, 1999).]

My favorite place to shoot.

The desert. Simple. I-10 go west until you don't see houses. Pull off on a dirt road. Make sure your atleast 1/4 miles from ANY building, not shooting over any road/RR Track, and its not posted no shooting. Then have fun!

I did a contact for Lockheed Martin in Goodyear last year. So funny, I called the Goodyear police and asked where I could shoot during lunch. "Any river bed or open field. Make sure your not shooting at any houses, and be safe"

Gotta Love Az.

Eric
ps: If any talks like a NY'er or Mass'er ignore them, they're just PIA Newbies.

you might also want to bring a sidearm and a holster and open carry. Always fun!

Jeff,

If you are going to be on the East side (Mesa, Chandler, Gilbert), I would recommend the Rio Solado Sportsman Club. It is an outdoor range open to the public ($4 fee for all day), that allows ANY legal rifle (.50 cal, full auto, blackpowder, whatever). The ranges allow you to set up your target at whatever distance you want, up to 300 yards.

If you are going to be in Phoenix proper, I also concur with the Ben Avery range.

Back