Pity Party for The Rock

The Rock

Yes-
ladies and gentlemen,
boys and girls,
children of all ages,
The Rock proudly presents:

Feel sorry for me.

I can't open my mouth more that 1/3 of the way without mucho pain. I missed a homecooked meal at my parents house since it hurt too bad to chew. Now I sit here with my applesauce and my attitude in a bad mood.

I went to a doc in the box and they told me that it was TMJ syndrome. It means that the joint that lets my jaw move is inflammed and there isn't monkey piss they or The Rock can do about it.

On top of that, I found that Patient First has a no weapons policy unless you're a cop, on duty, in uniform or undercover. I had some discussion on this, since VA state law says that you must post a sign that forbiding firearms on the door and they don't have one. I let them have their way, since I thought at the time they were gonna fix me, but since they couldn't I shoulda ignored their jabroni selves.

Any when I went to the range this moring, I couldn't hit anything with my G34 or my P7M8. The world is coming to the end!!

The Rock

Mort has chronic TMJ. His jaw has not moved without grinding or clicking for seven years.

I sympathize.

sorry to here about it last i heard many inscuranc policys wouldnt cover that either i had a member of my family had that condition very painfull

------------------
oneshotonekill

The Rock, My heart goes out to you. I had tmj pain and clicking for many years until I finally decided to do something about it. I have a wonderful (but expensive) doctor here that fixed me right up without SURGERY!! He does not recommend surgery without trying an oral appliance that realigns the jaw and strengthens the muscles. I would recommend to you to always slice apples and not eat big Dagwood sandwiches! Also, you might want to lay off the gum (if you chew). Email me if you want me to talk with my doc to see if he can recommend someone in your area. He, my doc, is very involved with this type of procedure and gives talks on it all over the world. Take some ibuprofen, use hot compresses and tomorrow will be a better day! Lou

Rocky, unlike Willy J, I really do feel your pain. Been there, clicked, clacked, snapped and ground that. On some days, ibuprofen is my best friend, and other days, not even "old friends" are comfort. Mine has gotten better over time, but still triggers the occaisional "tunnel-vision, feeling nauseous" migraine.

My dentist, a good friend of mine, had this problem while she was in school, and she has helped a great deal, perhaps yours could be of some help. With the above tips, I would also recommend (the horror!) of avoiding steaks, pork chops, or other things requiring large amounts of, um, mastication. (BTW, this is NOT the dirty word your "freudian slip" thinks it is.) ;)

------------------
Don LeHue

Salad isn't food. Salad is what food eats.

[This message has been edited by DonL (edited January 04, 2000).]

The Rock saw his dentist yesterday morning. He said use a warm compress and strech those muscles before I go to bed, but after I take 1 Flexoral, which is a muscles relaxer. He said it will be about 1-2 weeks for it to get better.

This morning I feel like I got hit by a truck. It is just like being really hungover. I didn't feel anything 1 hour after I took it, but damn, it's almost noon and I'm woozie...

The Rock

Back