Pistolet Automatique MAB Brevete Modele D

Greg G

Anyone heard of this pistol? A dealer friend of mine, who mainly deals in long guns, bought the remaining gun inventory from a pawn shop that was going out of business. He got several little pistols that were easily identifiable but this one we don't have any information on. None of the books we looked at had it listed so I thought I would post here to see if anyone is familiar with them. He believes the caliber is .380. The top of the barrel has 9m/m stamped on it but it is not 9x19. On the right side of the frame is the ser. no. 102xxx and it is stamped "Made in France for", then about a half inch further along it is stamped "W.A.C" in a large and different font. He stuck a $350 price tag on it and put it in his display case. If anyone knows anything about these pistols I would appreciate a response.

johnbt,
Thanks a lot for the link. That may be all the info he needs. I wonder if the one he has was made before the Germans took over the factory? I guess he can research that if he's interested.

I think he has one made for import into the U.S. by Western Arms Corp. (WAC) in the 1950's and 60's. The caliber is what we call .380 ACP. They are pretty good guns, very rugged and quite reliable.

For other than a collector's item, it has drawbacks. Like all auto pistols of the time, it was made for use only with ball (full metal jacket) ammo, so any other ammo, such as hollow point, should be thoroughly tested before employing the pistol for serious purposes. Further, the safety is small and not easy to use.

Is it worth $350? I would say this is about $100 or more too high.

Jim

Thanks, Jim. He's just speculating with the $350 price. I know he would come down if someone wanted it and offered the cash.

Back