Pistol ranges in Upstate, SC

pointfiveoh

Does anyone know any good places to go shooting and what they will charge for range time? I'm new to handgunning and mostly shooting in general and would like to find a good easily accessible place to go shooting on a semi regular basis. I know that I might be asking too much, but I figured it was worth a shot. I'm thinking in the anderson, easley, and greenville areas.

I usually drive up to Rex's Indoor Range in Hendersonville There are a few free public ranges around. I live in the Grenville area. PM if ou want phone # for Rexs

Dewey's Pawn Shop, in Greenville, has a small indoor range. Emphasis on small.

Other than that, the only game in town is www.greenvillegunclub.com of which I am a member. They don't allow non-members to shoot unless accompanied by a member, though the comps are open to anyone.

Rex's, in HendersonvilleNC, is a very nice indoor range and has a great pro shop if you find yourself needing something. On Target, in Asheville, is also nice, but it's not as pretty as Rex's and is even farther away from G'ville. I shoot both when I'm in the area, just depends on the mood I'm in and what I want to shoot. Generally, going into Rex's costs me a lot more because I can't resist buying something that I probably don't need.

Hope that helps.

outdoor ranges

there is a state range in LEEDS,sc. this is a suggestion, get a sc hunting and fishing rules book. there are ranges listed , and in what counties. rich

Thanks guys, Vaughn, I live about 5 minutes from the greenville gun club, if that's the range by the doo doo plant in mauldin. What does it take to get involved in a shoot out there? I'm about broke so I definitely do not have the money to pay for membership. Right now I've been shooting at the police handgun range in laurens which is about 35 miles one way.

.50, the range by the doodoo plant, on Mauldin Rd., is PD only. It's not that great of a range, anyhow.

The GGC in a bit further out in Conestee, right behind a golf course. To become a member, you have to submit an application and have the board vote on you. It's not that difficult.

If you want to see the property, come on down and shoot the IDPA match on the second sunday of the month. The first match is free, after that it's $15 for non-IDPA members and $10 for IDPA members. It's definitely a fun time, and I'm sure you'll see folks that you know. If you're interested, show up at 0900hrs on the Second Sunday to sign up. First shot is at 1000hrs. It

You need a quality holster, three magazines (at least) and a belt mounted mag holder, and about 150 rounds of practice ammo.

The match usually lasts until 1300hrs or so. You'll see 50+ shooters taking part in the match, including some very good-looking ladies. :)

There's a pretty nice SCDNR range just a few miles above Easley/Liberty, accessable from Hwy 8 or 178. Has covered 100 yard rifle, 50 yard (I think) pistol ranges. Pistol range has a crude manual arrangement (clothesline/pulley type) to move targets out to various distances. Open Tues through Sat til 6:00. Just have to sign in/out, there is a DNR officer there. It is free....

Also, outside of Anderson on 187, heading toward Hartwell, is the Skip J range. Don't have Skip's number handy but it is a nice range (members only).

Back