Pistol Racks

FloridaGuy

I just had a safe installed and now I am looking for pistol racks that will fit in the safe. The pistols I have that will be going into this safe are revolvers all varying barrel lengths. Any suggestions on which racks to look at?

Try www.manaboutracks.com. He will custom make racks to fit your safe dimensions and the type of guns that will inhabit the racks. Had custom made racks for my safe several years ago and everyone that sees them is impressed.

www.manaboutracks.com was very high on my list off options. But I was not sure how safe they would be. Because I read in several places that some custom made gun racks have issues that could damage your guns. Apparently some of the glues and finished used on gun racks over time releases Chemical vapor that could cause your guns to discolor and even rust.

Go to Walmart and get a couple of vinyl coated plate or lid racks. They hold several autos vertically just fine.

Picked this up at the local Cabela's. More info about them in my handgun rack review and handgun hanger review.

accessory-2.jpg

handgunhanger-3.jpg

Second the comment about Walmart racks. I found that the space between my shelf and top of the save was a tad small and several of the racks shown/mentioned above didn't have enough room. The rack from Walmart was just an adjustable length shelf and pistol barrels will fit between the wires and are held by spring tension and the trigger guard inside. It will also hold revolvers though a heavy bull-barrel may not fit. There is enough room under the shelf for a few magazines and other accessories or boxes of ammo. Mine holds 12 assorted and cost about $13 IIRC.

the top pic works for me too..i drilled a hole thru the wall to the right and used zip tyes to hang the wire mt from the end. i didnt have any floor spce

I got a couple more at the gunshow on Saturday.
I talked to the guy that made them.
They were $40 each.

Attachments

• Gunshow 8-2-2014 Marlin 80 and Mossberg 342KA $150 two handgun racks $80.jpg
    Gunshow 8-2-2014 Marlin 80 and Mossberg 342KA $150 two handgun racks $80.jpg
    134.2 KB · Views: 23
Back