Pistol identification

Aida

Inactive
Hello,

I would like to figure out, based on this few very noisy pictures, which gun it is. It's semi auto (sub)compact pistol which looks as a fairly new design, but still has the metallic shine. I think it can be Beretta or Sig Sauer, but I really don't know.

Thank you very much for your help.

IMG_2511.jpg

IMG_2512.jpg

IMG_2513.jpg

IMG_2515.jpg

IMG_2516.jpg

IMG_2517.jpg

The pictures are in compliance with your Copyright policy - they are made by me today.

I think this is a Turkish-built "Shark" (Cyrillic "Шарк") built for the Russian self-defence market as a "traumatic" pistol; these fire a version of the 9mm PA cartridge loaded with a rubber ball at about 370 metres/second. The dust cover and the angular slide lightening cuts are pretty distinctive. You can see some clearer photos at http://igorman.ru/oruzhie/pistolet-shark.html

Definitely stay behind that guy, while taking pics; the thumb in the trigger guard while racking the slide isn't great technique.

The Russian word for shark is "Акула"; "Шарк" is the Russian phonetic pronunciation of the the English word.

Unless, of course, one means the Russian singer, Акула, in which case the word is pronounced "Wow!"

Jim

Just luck, Ron :-) I just did a short research paper on some of the newer self-defence guns available on the Russian market, and this one looked familiar.

Back