Pistol Grip Stocks--Hype??

Hi there,

I just picked up a Remington 870HD, and I'm figuring to keep it pretty stock, except for the istallation of a pistol grip butt-stock (like on an AR-15, not just the pistol grip!)

I've had shotguns before, but have been without for a while. From previous guns I've had, in addition to a fair amount of exprerience with Benelli M1PG models, I feel that the pistol grip stock has some advantages over the standard stock.

1. Easier to manipulate with one hand. This is an advantage if one needs o use a phone or other task with the weak hand, and is a help during reloading.

2. Feels more natural

Is there reasons why this accessory is a good/bad idea? I know that fitting your gun with too much useless stuff can be a waste of money, but I feel that this stock may have some real application. So....

Anyone's thoughts on PG Stocks would be greatly appreciated.

PG only stocks are egregious. A full stock with PG, IMO falls into the "If it works for you" category. I see no great advantage either way.

Suggestion:
Try one first, before shelling out your money.

I have one on my Benelli M1 S90. It works for me. I shoot an AR as well and I like the simularity in mounting the guns. I'm also left handed and the pistol grip allows me to hold the gun easier while reloading with my right hand. My reloading and spare ammo is kept on my weak side just like I would be reloading my pistol or an AR.

I tend to like them. When shooting heavy loads my wrist doesn't get nearly as sore with a stock like this as it does with a traditional stock.

There is one minor consideration. Some, if not most, PG stocks will not allow you to remove the trigger group without removing the stock first. At least this has been my experience with 870s and 11-87s.

Back