Pistol Boxes

mehavey

I'm finding that competition pistol boxes like my old Pachmayr from 40 years ago are now extinct. Even the new guys seem to have quit making them.

Is there a source for 4/5-gun boxes that people now recommend?

Many thanks, 4EVERM. I had seen them before and it sounds like they are the only game left in town. Too bad. Pachmayer and Gil H... gone w/ the wind.

I'm new to competition shooting. Do you find many enthusiasts using pistol boxes or does everyone just carry a range bag?

Bullseye shooters generally have a pistol box. Place it on the bench and it becomes like a desk to work from. Action shooters[IPSC, steel, IDPA] may use a range bag since they move about the range more .

My $.02

I'm not doing any competitions yet(hope to head that way though) but I got tired of using the Walmart "plastic briefcase" pistol box so decided to build my own. If I ever start competing, then I'll modify one or build another to meet my needs. The larger has all the size in the world but I wanted something a little smaller to just go to the local range so I built the smaller box.

Attachments

• Pistol Range Box.JPG
    Pistol Range Box.JPG
    154.1 KB · Views: 107
  • box1.JPG
    box1.JPG
    241.1 KB · Views: 89
  • 3Drawer-Lid view.JPG
    3Drawer-Lid view.JPG
    95.5 KB · Views: 91
I was told that the Pachmayr boxes need to have the shelf support adjusted lower in order for scoped guns to fit in the clamps.
A lot of .22 bullseye shooters still use them even though they were designed before red dots became popular for competition.
A member in my .22 club has several of them for sale.
If anyone is looking to buy one then send me a PM. :)

Back