Pistol Belt

glockopop

I'd like to get a belt to carry my holsters for IPSC/IDPA. I have Uncle Mike's Kydex holsters and currently use whatever belt I happen to be wearing on my pants on competition day. What do you use? I've looked at a couple of duty belts, but they seem a little pricey for just a belt. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

The Wilderness Tactical Products instructor belt is a good one. Not real expensive, and designed to hold a gun and gear.
I use a Mernickle leather belt most of the time. Top quality, and great looking.

I found a HEAVY leather 1.5" wide belt at a local department store for $15, I think it is brand named for Levi's.

It works good as a competition belt, I use it for USPSA and IDPA.

I keep threatening to get a good CR Speed inner/outer belt system but the one I have works just fine.

I looked a little closer and it turns out that my holsters will only accommodate a belt up to 1 3/4 inch wide. This rules out nearly all duty belts. I did see one that I like on cheaperthandirt.com. It's a Bianchi model 7202. 1 3/4 inches wide, quick release buckle, about 25 bucks. Sound like a good deal?

The Bianchi 7201 might work a little better. It uses Velcro to close the belt. It's also very easy to get your equipment on and off of.
BTW the Uncle Mike's belt holster is not legal for IDPA.

I'm using a Safariland belt thats like an 'underbelt' design. You know the ones that have velcro lining on the underside of the outer leather belt and you wear a complete velcro strip belt underneath, which the outer belt attaches to on the outside?
The height of the belt is not really that much different than a standard dress belt, and suits most of my low profile competition holsters.

Running the holster through the outer belt ensures a really secure fit when the outer belt is combined with the inner belt.

The other bonus is that its easy to take everything off. The holster and mag pouches all come off in one hit when you take the outer belt off.

I also just use a standard duty belt for general shooting.

Chris Cullen

The inner/outer belt isn't IDPA legal; the holster must hang on the belt that goes through the loops. The outer belt alone could be used for IDPA, and inner/outer combo for IPSC.
The Uncle Mike's holster was banned because the design changed after it was initially approved. The early version, without the offset back panel should be OK under the new rules (if it passes all the tests when worn by a specific user), but the later version is the illegal holster poster child.

Back