Pietta single actions

mannyCA

What kind of quality can one expect from the pietta milleniums? They look and feel fine but was wondering if anyone was using them in CAS? Their BP guns have come a long way and would think their cartridge guns should have too.
OR should i just stick to what I know and use the vaquero?

I don't shoot competitive CAS, just backyard cowboy, but I love my Pietta Peacemaker that I bought last year. It was my first .45 and it is just a ton o' fun. :D

Pietta002_zps13c0af7f.jpg

Pietta013_zps5771db27.jpg

Pietta017_zps9f4cd6f8.jpg

200gr006_zps26ab8577.jpg

I had a Pietta Frontier in .357 Magnum (imported by Traditions). I didn't care for the caliber, but loved the gun otherwise. Color case hardening was great, everything functioned just fine. If I decide to get a SAA in .45 Colt, then I'd buy another one.

Never looked at the cartridge guns, but the percussion guns need a fair bit of work before being Cas ready.
I used to use a pair of Pietta 1860 Army's, and did work on more than a few of them.

I powdercoat nearly all my pistol bullets these days. Lubes are old news. Keeps dies clean and can't foul powder and eliminates all chance of leading.
200gr008_zps77058148.jpg

You can powdercoat pretty much anything in any color you want.

collage004_zps62199491.jpg

There's lots of info on it over in the casting section. I don't want to wander off the topic of how great Pietta revolvers are! I let my Mom shoot mine and now I gotta get her one too!

I have a Pietta Remy Sheriff. I don't CAS shoot, but for fun shooting I like mine fine. Balance is good, solid lockup and works well with #10 Remington caps. I love this forum. I never heard about powder coating bullets before, gotta go look that up now.

+1 to what Doc said . . .

I can't speak from personal experience on the Pietta . . . but I can on the Uberti. A few weeks ago I got a new Uberti Bisley in 357 and it is a work of art. So far, I haven't run across a Pietta in a LGS so I could take a look at it but from what I hear - Doc is right on with his evaluation of both the Piett and Uberti brands.

Back