Pietta Hicock 1851

zworld

Has anyone on here bought one of these guns? They sure look good. Engraved with white grips. Dang I'm wanting one. If they were to go on sale I think that would do it for me! Just curious if anybody here has one, and what they think of it. Thanks for any input. I like to research my purchases.

update

I just went to Cabelas again to look at this gun and it was on sale for 249.00, that's a 100 bucks off, I signed up for their card too, and got 25.00 more off. and free shipping. So I got what was normally priced at 349.00 for 225.00 shipped. Damn I'm happy right now. I had just bought the plain 1851 last week, now I have a pair!

Here's mine....

DSC03173.jpg

navy4.jpg

That's sweet! The one I bought is not plated much plainer, but it is still engraved, with faux ivory grips.

The one I got from cabelas is in 36 cal. It's the standard yank model just engraved with nicer grips. I'll post pics when it arrives.

Check the frames with a magnet. Some of the nickeled revolvers are brass framed rather than steel. You want to stay with mild loads if the frame is non magnetic: 20grs FFFg if in 44cal and 15-18 FFFg if in 36 cal.

Back