• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

Pictures

Capt_Vin

I'm sure this has been asked and answered before, but I can't figure it out, so I am turning to the others here for help. How do I attach picture files to a thread?

I was very happy with myself for figuring it out.

Set up an account at photobucket.com (free), upload some photos, then copy and paste the line of script under the image with the thingies in it.

[IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k223/zarganuts/ernstPocketPistol.jpg

spetsnaz.jpg

hunter.jpg

Capt_Vin,

There are two ways. First is the method that shows an attachment as a link that you must click to see the image. This feature is done through the "manage attachments" button (under additional options) when composing a message.

The 2nd method allows the photos to be viewed as shown above, as part of the message itself. To do this, the image must be on some website and you need to know how to access or display the image. You can use a site like Photobucket which is easiest for most folks. If you have your own web page, you may be able to upload photos to it and display them by using the URL address. In either case, you can use the "Insert Image" button on the message composition window or the [ IMG ] ... [ /IMG] tags to display the image.

Hope that helps.

Damn I miss Hunter Thompson....

wish I could have met him...
(he's the guy in the picture getting ready to shoot the typewriter)

Back