Pics of my new Dan Wesson 744

• Thread starter Thread starter BB
  • Start date Start date

BB

Heres my new Dan Wesson 744. The top one is with the 8" barrel (soon to have a scope) and the bottom is with the wood grip and 4" barrel. This gun is unbelievably accurate. With the 4" barrel and Federal 44spl plinking ammo, I was shooting out the numbers on a 25yard bullseye target! I can't say enough about this gun.
dw1.jpg

dw2.jpg

BB,

I have a new .22, .357, and a 460 and share your appreciation for the Dan Wessons. My question is:
How does the new(?)wood grip compare in size/comfort with the traditional rubber? Thanks.

Mike

I bought the pistol with the 4" barrel for $500 and ordered the the 8" vent light slotted/drilled-tapped barrel assembly and the Hogue cocobolo grip seperatly, so they would all show up at the same time. At around $900 total, it wasn't cheap, but it was worth every penny.

Mike, the grip is exactly the same as the rubber only in wood. Hurts like hell shooting 300grn XTPs out of the 4" barrel after awhile, but whats a little pain for such a pretty grip;)

Anyway, I'm going to see if I can replace it with a round-butt grip like the 629 has.

Greeting's All;

Those are some mighty fine looking weapons, and I'm sure you will enjoy both of them. I wasn't even thinking when I bought my S&W 629 5" Classic last July. Now grant you, the
629 Classic is a mighty fine weapon in it's own right; but I
would like some of the features of your 744's. Be sure and
give us a range report, when you get a chance to try them out!

Best Wishes,
Ala Dan, N.R.A. Life Member

BB,

Beautiful! Is this new? I heard Dan Wesson might be making a comeback but I haven't heard if they made it. I really like their guns and the interchangable barrel is a great feature. How much does something like this cost?

Thanks, Russ

Does Dan Wesson have a web site? I've always thought it would be neat to own a revolver with interchangeable barrels. How long does it take to swap them? Thanks.

Thanks for the info BB; in other words that is what is known
as a "Pistol Pac", correct?

Regards,
Ala Dan, N.R.A. Life Member

No, the pistol pack includes more stuff; 4,6 & 8 inch barrels, custom hard case, different grip, extra sight inserts, etc.; and it runs $1400. I just ordered an extra barrel assembly seperately, and a grip direct from Hogue.

Back