Picked up my first SA revolver today...

Marko Kloos

Inactive
In a continuing effort to keep my local gun shop in business single-handedly, I stopped by after work today and purchased yet another fine firearm from them.

This one's a Ruger New Model Blackhawk, in .41 Magnum.

I didn't have a big-bore single-action wheelgun yet, and this seemed like a fine choice. Any .41 Magnum aficionados out there? It seems like a somewhat eclectic caliber choice, what with so many .44 Magnum and .45 Colt SA revolvers around, but I like to go against the grain every once in a while.

blackhawk.jpg

I HAVE THE SAME GUN IN 44 MAG.the grip angle makes the gun roll up in your hand under recoil,very nice handling gun.you will like it.i always shoot big bores in single action anyhow and the single action triggers are muc smother than most double actions.

I had one of them like that 25 or so years ago. Shot well but I traded it for a mod.57 smith with a long barrel. Liked the double action for what I used it for. Purchased another single action last week. 45/70, man is this thing fun.

Looks like a 6 1/2" barrel, very handy and somewhat unique. Current production SBH have 4 5/8", 5 1/2", or 7 1/2" (and 10 1/2"... but get real). The .357 BH is the only other one with a 6 1/2" spout. That and the round trigger gaurd makes for an ideal plinking/hunting SA. -- Kernel

Sweet Pistol

I have a super Blackhawk in 5.5" bbl, sweet gun you got there, whats the trigger like ?

I took one side of the trigger Spring off the ear under the grip (common Modification) and my trigger breaks crystal clear at 1.5# now.

Ruger makes the best Single Actions Currently Made in the Under $1k Catagory..... :) :) :)

Back