Picked up a Sweet Little Revolver

rrb6699

Inactive
NEF 32 magnum. I like the round especially. a nice step up from the. 22 cals and up. shoots really well and accurately.

only put out $125. know it's worth double that at least.

needs a bit of cleaning up and wood conditioning but I like everything about how compact it is with decent power in the. 32 magnum round.

thanks for the invite. glad to be a member!

RayRay

Attachments

• IMG_20200324_154016793_copy_768x1024.jpg
    IMG_20200324_154016793_copy_768x1024.jpg
    168 KB · Views: 332
Rrb6699...That’s 32 H&R. Magnum, isn’t it?? I have a few of those,,, great shooters,,,,,accurate, minimal recoil, so faster follow up shots.

it is really nice, compact and quick along with accurate.

One word about revolvers and safety that others may be able to pass along to this forum & on..

When I store a loaded revolver I always leave two Chambers empty. The one where the hammer is so you can't drop the gun and accidentally fire it and the next one and fix the trigger gets pulled once by accident.

Also if I pull the trigger twice I'm meeting to shoot what I'm aiming at. So either way you've got a little bit of safety built-in rather than everyone I know carrys or stores a completely loaded revolver which is a lot less safe.

you can still get 3 shots on a 5 - shot revolver or 4-shots on a six shot. I think that's enough to get to more ammo or do the job whatever is the case.

I will make a post of this if it hasn't been a subject before.

RR

it is really nice, compact and quick along with accurate.

One word about revolvers and safety that others may be able to pass along to this forum & on..

When I store a loaded revolver I always leave two Chambers empty. The one where the hammer is so you can't drop the gun and accidentally fire it and the next one and fix the trigger gets pulled once by accident.

Also if I pull the trigger twice I'm meeting to shoot what I'm aiming at. So either way you've got a little bit of safety built-in rather than everyone I know carrys or stores a completely loaded revolver which is a lot less safe.

you can still get 3 shots on a 5 - shot revolver or 4-shots on a six shot. I think that's enough to get to more ammo or do the job whatever is the case.

I will make a post of this if it hasn't been a subject before.

RR
Yes...however I leave five chambers empty...one in case it gets dropped on the hammer. and four more incase I pull the trigger four times by accident. :)

I remember the rrb6699 technique from an old Police Story tv show.
The vet told the rookie that he must keep an empty chamber under the hammer for safety, and the first chamber up empty so that if a suspect grabbed his gun it would give him time to draw his backup gun.

Don't learn to shoot on tv... or the Internet.

I never took this from any TV show. of course use safety and unloaded is better. I don't want to argue that point.

In all my years I have never had to use any weapons, or never hope to use them on a person. however, if that situation ever presented itself I do not need to be fumbling around trying to load up. I have had to scare off animals (mostly coyotes) before. so this is why I need a couple shots handy.

I have observed many that keep completely loaded arms and this is unnecessary. if you <u>must</u> store a loaded gun to use common sense.

I know everyone uses their own version of this, but, this is mine. The gun I just purchased is in a holster with a hammer strap, safety on and hidden well.

I do it mostly for animals that could harm to family or pets. sometimes the minute delay could mean a big vet bill or animal death.

rr.

If I'm not mistaken - that NEF employs a rebounding hammer.

Oops - just saw the gun is stored in a holster.
If it's a leather holster, take it out and store it loose. Leather holsters promote rust. Bad way to store guns.

I have kept my Colt Woodsman in a leather holster since 1967. Every time I clean the pistol, I soak the leather holster with WD-40. No rust ever.

this is a nylon holster. I like the wd-40 trick. sorry not familiar with rebounding hammer. I'm more a small arms rifle shooter and only owned a few pistols ever.

rr

I have two revolvers loaded for HD and both are fully loaded. Both are new S&W made guns and are drop safe. And if one of them goes off it was what I intended for it to do. I don't want some BG running towards me while I'm clickity clicking hoping a loaded chamber comes up soon.:eek:

Welcome to the forum. Nice gun. I just sold mine about 6 months ago on gunbroker.

true, but my 2nd 3rd and 4th pull mean business. lol.
I still don't trust drop safe. would rather be sure.
but click/bang works for me.

rr

Well, my house guns are Ruger New Model Blackhawks, so they have all chambers loaded. And I want my first pull of the trigger to result in a gunshot.

If I do have a Three Screw Ruger, or per chance a Colt SAA, I do load only five rounds with the empty chamber under the hammer.

Bob Wright

Hal said:

If it's a leather holster, take it out and store it loose. Leather holsters promote rust. Bad way to store guns.

I've often heard that, but never found it to be true.

Bob Wright

My grandfathers Ruger single six that I have owned for the last 25+ years has been stored in the leather Hunter brand holster my dad kept it stored in and I am sure my grandfather stored it in. Not a spec of rust anywhere.

That gun was made in 1961 and my grandfather bought it new. He sent it back for the new lockwork and the old lockwork is in a sealed bag in the box.

I think what makes a difference as to weather or not the gun rust in a leather holster was how the leather was tanned. Chrome tanned or vegetable tanned. IIRC the vegetable tanned leather doesn't cause rust. But don't trust my memory. Do your own checking.:)

I've often heard that, but never found it to be true.
I've had it happen...plus---I've seen way too many reputable sources say not to do it, so, I choose to be on the safe side.

sorry not familiar with rebounding hammer
You should take the time to acquaint yourself with what it is - since you want to give advice on the topic.
A rebounding hammer allow a revolver to be carried 100% safely with a live round under a lowered hammer....

I bought two of those, maybe five or six years ago. I got one for $120-something and one for $140-something.

The nickle one shoots 32acp reliably and its finish was less worn.

The blued one would not fire off the 32acp as reliably and its finish wasn't quite as good, so I let my FiL have it for whatever I paid for it.

They both still work just fine.

I shoot 32 S&W long (usually) or 32 H&R magnum (less often) out of it when I shoot it, but at the time that I got them I had a bunch of poop quality WWB 32acp to get rid of. The 32 autopistols I had at the time would jam up on that terrible stuff, so I shot it out of the NEF revolver.

I remember those revolvers being on sale for $80-something when I was in HS (class of 1983).

Back